Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 6:25:44 PM EDT
Finally broke down and purchased a Bushy post-ban 16" and would like to install a muzzle brake.  I see Bushmaster sells post ban slip on brakes, but they are held on with a taper pin so a 1/8 hole must be drilled in the barrel. Is this a good idea or should I have the barrel threaded (at a later date in Sept)?  Will this pin method secure the brake efficiently or will it loosen in time? Thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There are also set screw retained brakes. I'd go with the threaded muzzle and a Wilson or Cav Comp. Forget the perm attachment BS in 3 weeks!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
just wait
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
By the time you send if off UPS Ground to ADCO or KKF give them about a week to thread the barrel and replace the front sight, then another week to send it back, the ban will be over.  Hopefully.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#4]
wait three weeks and put a flash hider on it. A brake is superfluous on a 5.56mm weapon.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top