Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2009 12:03:12 PM EDT
Hey all, Looks like a cool site to get all the info one needs to get tricked out on the new Bushmaster M4 A3 I just bought, I looked everywhere, called dealers as far as 100 miles and no one had one if they did it would be 2010 before I could get one. And one day I just popped into a local farm and home and there it was in the case, the ol' boy told me that they put in for 2 and got a letter saying it would be sometime in 2010 before they would receive them and he said this one just showed up 2 days ago, I bought it, Kinda pricey ($1186 out the door) but oh well I go one,,
Ok, I only want optics and a light to put on for now and was wundering what would be the cheapest way to go??
Thanks for your time guy's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the site. I personally wouldn't go for cheap optics. I would get good with the iron sites and save up for something quality like Eotech. Just to be honest I don't use a light on my AR so I can't say what is good or bad in that area. I am sure someone will give info on that in a few.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Use irons for now either the carry handle or BUIS. As for a light, I never really use mine but they are handy sometimes. I went the cheaper way with a 30mm scope ring and a bright Coast led that has a loooonnng runtime. I cant see the reason for buying a 400-500 dollar surefire setup if it is only going to last maybe an hour on high.
This is what I have.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard new guy.

We like pictures.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the forum
Contact Kelvin at brightflashlights (Industry section) for any flashlight questions. He'll take the time to see what you want and provide options. Great guy to deal with overall...
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get the surefire light (M951) the military uses for about $200. I have them on all of mine
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guy's, I will post pics when I pick it up, I bought it accross the river in Ill. so I have to wait 24 hrs. But being the weekend I will have to wait till tomarow,
Do you guy's think I did alright on the price ($1186 out the door)?? Like I said I looked everywhere..
I really want to get this tricked out and this looks like the place to do so..
Again thanks..
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
welcome to the forum. optics wise i haven an eotech sight and i absolutely love it
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top