Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/19/2003 6:40:31 PM EDT
Well after years of fighting the feeling, I finally did it and brought home a Colt. It is a postban 6700 with the detachable carry handle and 20" Barrel. I got it for 879 at the Local Gun Show. I think I didn't do too bad.

Since I just got this thing, is there any quality control issues I should be worried about?

Thanks

Max

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:33:18 PM EDT
Don't know about any Colt QC issues but congrats on the purchase! [beer] May you and your new rifle have many good times together! Oh yeah, where are the pics?? [:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:50:13 PM EDT
So, whats your next one gonna be?? Trust me... There will be more... its inevitable..
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:57:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/19/2003 9:58:13 PM EDT by CJan_NH]
Originally Posted By gmtmaster: So, whats your next one gonna be?? Trust me... There will be more... its inevitable..
View Quote
Yep. They multiply like rabbits. Edit: A Colt 6700 retails for $1049, so you did well [:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:50:48 PM EDT
Last year I bought a Post Ban 20"A2 BM. Now 1 yr later.. 20"A2 BM...11.5" Pre Ban Oly... Another BM Preban thatll be an NFA item.. Just like Chris Farley of SNL used to say " I CANT STOP!!!" John
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:48:25 AM EDT
Max, Sounds like a great buy. I’d like to have one of those too and have been hoping for a similar deal with $850 in mind, but I’d bought it for $879, that’s a good deal. The rifle shouldn’t have any QC problems, shoot it and see. Best regards, J
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:52:47 AM EDT
I paid the same for mine. It was the best price that I could find and I busted my ass trying.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:30:22 AM EDT
Great rifle, great price. So, what's your next one going to be?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:20:28 PM EDT
Thanks gents. I have been thinking about getting a bushmaster superlight weight or something. You guys are right, these things multiply like rabbits. I have looked and purchase other rifles, but the mainstay is always the M1A and the AR15. I have 2 lowers I haven't completed yet and would like to have an SPR and maybe a retro A1 Style postban rifle. The AR10 has some potential as well. I like those and I am looking into that as well. I have to say I have a learned allot about the AR15 site because of all of the great members here. Most of my purchases were from the information that I was able to obtain from fellow board members. I don't have a digital camera, but that next on my list. Thanks again guys. [marines] max
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:57:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By maxell27: Thanks gents. I have been thinking about getting a bushmaster superlight weight or something. You guys are right, these things multiply like rabbits. I have looked and purchase other rifles, but the mainstay is always the M1A and the AR15. I have 2 lowers I haven't completed yet and would like to have an SPR and maybe a retro A1 Style postban rifle. The AR10 has some potential as well. I like those and I am looking into that as well. I have to say I have a learned allot about the AR15 site because of all of the great members here. Most of my purchases were from the information that I was able to obtain from fellow board members. I don't have a digital camera, but that next on my list. Thanks again guys. [marines] max
View Quote
You can use a film camera and have them put them on a floppy as well as prints for $3 extra or so, at walgreens or wherever you go. WE NEED PICS!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:49:58 AM EDT
Thanks for the input. Now I have been eyeballing a preban Colt Blue Label. Will this madness ever stop? Max
Top Top