Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2002 3:16:46 PM EDT
Just bought a new Colt Gold CUP SS and plan on shooting a great deal with this pistol.  How do you think Wolf ammo react, or would you even take the chance.  That WOLF ammo in .223 and 7.62x39 sure is UGLY and crude, but cheap!  
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some cci blazer! leave the wolf to the Eastern block hardware...
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
what he said!

you have a NEW .45, treat her right!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Who has the best deal on BLAZER CCI.  I love the CCI Blazer in 9mm that I bought from Kieslers for $4.40 a box! I love a good deal!  
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys consider Blaser good ammo?  Talk about under powered crap.

No one can say how ANY ammo will work in your gun, only you can determine that by trying it. Your gun my like it or hate it but the only way to find out is to try it.  This holds true despite what anyones opinion on a particular brand is.  (even mine above)

Personally, if I have a quality gun I would stick with quality ammo.

In .45 ACP  Fiocchi, MFS (same ammo, made by MFS in this caliber) or Federal Match would be my first choices, but you never know, YOUR gun might like Wolf best.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Blazer runs fine in all my handguns,(I've burned dozens of cases of it), and is loaded the same as other CCI brands, just with a less expensive "disposable" case. Some people are SO picky...

You can find deals on it here: www.natchezss.com

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay, While I'm a proponent of the "Cheap ammo+lots of shooting=proficency" I'll have to NOT reccomend Wolf (Or CCI) in this case.

You bought a Colt "Gold Cup." This is one of the most accurate out of the box 1911's out there.. Then, you intend to shoot the cheapest ammo available through it? I'm sorry, while the pistol will function fine, it will be performing well under it's potential accuracy..

Yes, I shoot Wolf through my 1911's. SERVICE GRADE and WW2 vintage 1911's.If I had a Gold Cup and was intent on shooting IT, I would at LEAST dig out some "not cheap" ammo for it, and see what it shoots best.. If by some quirk of nature, alignment of the planets or the miracle of Janet Reno admitting that she IS a spawn of satan, it shot Wolf well, then I would shoot that.. But it would NEVER be my first choice for a Gold Cup. It just is not that accurate.Safe? Yes. Reliable? Mostly- (I do not have problems with it in my 1911's)

You would not believe how much the ammunition you use will affect how a 1911/1911A1 will shoot at 25 meters..

Get some match grade .45 ACP for this piece, PLEASE.

Meplat-

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
When I buy factory ammo for my 1911, I buy Speer Lawman 230 gr. FMJ.   It's pretty good stuff, very consistent.  The price isn't bad either, and the brass is OK for reloading.  But oddly enough, the case heads tend to look a little 'sucked in' after their first use.   Almost concave.  It doesn't seem to happen again after their first re-use.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't afford premium fuel for the Corvette?

Buy a Lumina next time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
We're talkin' Wolf .45 right?  That stuff was accurate enough to help me win a $100 shooting match.  At a law enforcement shooting competiton last year there was a match where we shot Sig Sauer P220's (.45's) at 50 yards, which is basically the max effective range of any .45.  The rules were 6 rounds at 50 yards shooting at a photocopy of a $100 dollar bill.  The winner was the one with the most hits at 50 yards in the bill.  With 4 hits I won.  I don't necessarily want to call Wolf competition grade ammo, but my match proves that it is more than adequate for practice ammo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Fight4yourRights, that is why I have money!  People who waste money usually don't!  Anyways, I'm not into the competition thing and really don't give a darn if people think I'm cheap by shooting cheap inexpensive ammo.  For the diffrence is price f the hight priced ammo and the cheap stuff I could buy another custom barrel for FREE!  Grock, I have also had great luck wih the Blazer.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Morgan- Look, I have NO problem shooting Wolf out of a service, or carry grade 1911.. But a Gold Cup is something else entirely..

Hell, I shoot Wolf out of my R6700CH Colt, but it's NOT the same as shooting inaccurate ammo out of a handgun BUILT for match shooting..

I bet it'll shoot wolf just fine, but hell, I still would SEE what it'll do with match grade ammo first..

Meplat-
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top