Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 8:17:38 AM EDT
Ok I know this may not make much sense, but here it goes.  Could one, in theory, put the following on a flattop AR with RAS-II in order from back of reciever to front site post; TA01NSN (on reciever with no BUIS), an Aimpoint (on RAS-II hump), and an EOTech 551 (on RAS-II over barrel)?  And would they all co-witness?

For some reason this set-up crossed my mind this morning as something that would be cool to see.  I know that it is pointless to even have all that on one rifle but I just think it would be interesting (and heavy!).  

Let me know if you all think that would be possible.  And if anyone has all that equipment, a picture would be cool.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
No you wouldn't have room for the AM/FM CD/MP3 player.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=127[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
[ROFL]

That is a good pic.  But it does not co-witness with anything.  [:)]

That pic reminds me of one with a guy with a Swiss Army knife on the forend of his AR.

Thanks for the laugh!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That actually LOOKS to be the same rifle as the one from the pic you're referring to.  The swiss army knife, keys, KC light, and a couple other things were photoshopped in.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that mount real?  Did Surefire ,or anyone else, actually make a mount like that?  Why would anyone create such a monstrosity?  Where did that pic come from?  I think optics and lights are great, but there are half a dozen lights on that rifle and the mount alone must weigh a ton.  That scope is pretty high and the aimpoint is even higher.  Wow, if that thing is real, please tell me who made it and where I can find one.  I would like to ask woever it was "why?".
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that in that photo, everything is real.  But I think someone just slapped everything on there and took a pic for fun.  I guess this because I do not think that anyone would want that many things on their rifle.  But it is a funny picture.

But no one has ever really answered the feasibility of my idea in the original post...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure you could cowitness everything, but I'm not sure how everything would line up.  It might be a pretty busy sight picture.  I don't have an aimpoint and I haven't gotten my own ACOG yet, so I can't do the test muyself.  maybe someone here can take some of thier playtime to try the experiment.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No you wouldn't have room for the AM/FM CD/MP3 player.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=127[/img]
View Quote

That's my dream AR right there!

Were you bored?  If cowitness correctly the 4 MOA dot of the Aimoint will over-shadow the 1 moa dot of the EOTech.  I assume you are trying to get the red dot to be visible enough so then TA01NSN reticle crosshairs does not overshadow it.  

Why not a CQ/T (holding back laughter).  It gives you basically the same reticle as the EOTech, a larger center dot, 1-3X magnificant and only one kind on batteries (cause you will need many!)

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I am not wanting to build, let alone use, the AR with optics that I thought up.  I mostly wanted to see what the set-up looked like, not necessarily what it looked like through the optics.  I have none of those optics presently but am considering an Aimpoint.

I wasn't really bored...I sort of dreamed it up during the time I rolled out bed and walked to my kitchen.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top