Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/10/2003 8:17:38 AM EDT
Ok I know this may not make much sense, but here it goes. Could one, in theory, put the following on a flattop AR with RAS-II in order from back of reciever to front site post; TA01NSN (on reciever with no BUIS), an Aimpoint (on RAS-II hump), and an EOTech 551 (on RAS-II over barrel)? And would they all co-witness?

For some reason this set-up crossed my mind this morning as something that would be cool to see. I know that it is pointless to even have all that on one rifle but I just think it would be interesting (and heavy!).

Let me know if you all think that would be possible. And if anyone has all that equipment, a picture would be cool. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:23:51 PM EDT
No you wouldn't have room for the AM/FM CD/MP3 player. [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=127[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:52:21 PM EDT
[ROFL] That is a good pic. But it does not co-witness with anything. [:)] That pic reminds me of one with a guy with a Swiss Army knife on the forend of his AR. Thanks for the laugh!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:04:07 PM EDT
That actually LOOKS to be the same rifle as the one from the pic you're referring to. The swiss army knife, keys, KC light, and a couple other things were photoshopped in.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:11:47 PM EDT
Is that mount real? Did Surefire ,or anyone else, actually make a mount like that? Why would anyone create such a monstrosity? Where did that pic come from? I think optics and lights are great, but there are half a dozen lights on that rifle and the mount alone must weigh a ton. That scope is pretty high and the aimpoint is even higher. Wow, if that thing is real, please tell me who made it and where I can find one. I would like to ask woever it was "why?".
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:51:51 AM EDT
I think that in that photo, everything is real. But I think someone just slapped everything on there and took a pic for fun. I guess this because I do not think that anyone would want that many things on their rifle. But it is a funny picture. But no one has ever really answered the feasibility of my idea in the original post...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:55:54 AM EDT
I'm sure you could cowitness everything, but I'm not sure how everything would line up. It might be a pretty busy sight picture. I don't have an aimpoint and I haven't gotten my own ACOG yet, so I can't do the test muyself. maybe someone here can take some of thier playtime to try the experiment.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:54:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: No you wouldn't have room for the AM/FM CD/MP3 player. [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=127[/img]
View Quote
That's my dream AR right there! Were you bored? If cowitness correctly the 4 MOA dot of the Aimoint will over-shadow the 1 moa dot of the EOTech. I assume you are trying to get the red dot to be visible enough so then TA01NSN reticle crosshairs does not overshadow it. Why not a CQ/T (holding back laughter). It gives you basically the same reticle as the EOTech, a larger center dot, 1-3X magnificant and only one kind on batteries (cause you will need many!)
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:47:54 PM EDT
Well I am not wanting to build, let alone use, the AR with optics that I thought up. I mostly wanted to see what the set-up looked like, not necessarily what it looked like through the optics. I have none of those optics presently but am considering an Aimpoint. I wasn't really bored...I sort of dreamed it up during the time I rolled out bed and walked to my kitchen.
Top Top