Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 11:32:44 PM EDT
Went to Academy to get some 9mm been getting CCI but they had 2 boxes of Monacrh steel cased so I said:

how much are those 9mm's in the blue box.  5.99.  Excuse me I said the blue boxed stuff.  Yeah those are 5.99. how about the CCI Blazer 5.69  I will take all 4 boxes you have please.  

5.99 for old steel cased barnuel and they had the old price on it too at 3.96 a box.  

I might have to get my progressive presses sooner than I thought.

Went to a pawn shop and they were selling Barnuel blue box for 9.99 a box.  They had one box of XM193 there as well.  It was $4.50 so I got it.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't put away quite as much handgun ammo as rifle ammo, but I have stocked away quite a bit .45acp and 9mm. I think we are starting to see the same increases we saw on rifle ammo a few years ago.

I am not enthused about having to get into reloading, but I'll do it in pistol calibers if I have to. I've been hoarding brass for a few years now so that part of the equasion is taken care of.

When the "cheap" stuff jumps, the mid range stuff has already gone up or is close to doing so. From what I've seen, it already has.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:11:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup.

...and straight-walled pistol cartridges ain't hard to re-load

even for an old-timer like me on a single stage press.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
have you seen the .223 prices?

the steel cased barnaul went from $2.86 up to $4.86.
the brass cased prvi partison went from $3.86 up to $6.86

it's decent ammo, but it's definately not $6.86 decent

i'll stick with sportsmans warehouse q3131, and academy's umc megapacks and WWB for 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Dillon 1050 when they first came out (20 years agao??). I load 9mm, 38 Super, .40/10 mm and .45 ACP on it. It has paid for itself many times over BUT when 9mm was $3.86 a box/50 for Wolf or CCI, I quit reloading 9mm. As long as it's 10 cents a round (or less) I'll keep buying it. Unless you use cast lead bullets these days it's hard to load any pistol caliber for less than 10 cents around (and I order my jacketed bullets in up to 50M lots!!!) I did load my SMG rounds as the UZI wanted something hotter. We have some decent powders these days for loading 9mm 124s up to and beyond 1300 fps which run the open bolt guns really well.
Mick
A27257
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top