Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2013 5:02:06 PM EDT
I installed a jp trigger on my Ar and part of the installation required fitting the trigger to the safety any ways I took to much off and the safety rotates about half way to the safe position when it should not move . One of the fixes jp says is to buy there 66 dollar safety with an adjustable set screw in it . Is there any other methods to fix this problem cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't tried the adjustable safety, but my factory JP's safety has almost the same amount of movement as yours.  I have never had any issue with it.  Have you called them to see about this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Most safety's will move quite a bit but won't actually go into the fire position
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#3]
add metal back, but a new trigger and try again.

When the rifle is on safe the trigger should not move.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I installed a jp trigger on my Ar and part of the installation required fitting the trigger to the safety any ways I took to much off and the safety rotates about half way to the safe position when it should not move . One of the fixes jp says is to buy there 66 dollar safety with an adjustable set screw in it . Is there any other methods to fix this problem cheaper.
View Quote

Drill and tap your own and save $50 or so.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
add metal back, but a new trigger and try again.

When the rifle is on safe the trigger should not move.
View Quote

He didn't say the trigger was moving, he said the safety was.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to try drilling and tapping the old safety
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Never mind I found the problem the spring bent and didn't go in the hole wow I feel dumb  but at least I didn't spend more cash
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top