Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2013 7:06:44 PM EDT
Can anyone point me to some reviews or have any input on the jp gmr-12.
Everything I can find on jp rifles has been good but, don't see anything specifically for this rifle.
I've been waiting for a ddles or lone wolf g9 to pop to have something to share my g19 mags with but, I'm always a day late or dollar short.

Here's the description

GMR-12

Available as a complete carbine, upper or lower assembly, the newly released JPGMR-12™ 9mm is a versatile platform that measures up in terms of both function and accuracy. Built on either our JP-15™ or PSC-11™ upper receiver, this blowback-operated carbine cycles with virtually no recoil and allows for extremely fast sight recovery with solid 3 MOA accuracy from a pistol cartridge usable out to 100 yards.

With the high-performance ammunition available from many manufacturers, the GMR-12™ makes a solid choice for a competitive match carbine (especially considering the cost savings of 9mm ammo over .223) and is also well-suited to home defense applications given its impressive .357 magnum-comparable ballistics with a carbine-length barrel. The lack of concussion in enclosed spaces and greatly limited over-penetration issues when compared to most rifle cartridges only enhance its suitability in this arena.

Designed from the start with the needs of law enforcement in mind, the GMR-12™ accepts the same G17 pistol magazines as Glock 9mm pistols for carbine/sidearm compatibility and is also available in select-fire configurations. Built on the PSC-11™ upper receiver platform with its dual charging systems, the GMR-12™ readily accommodates those with training backgrounds on either the HK or AR-15 platform. The complete rifle package includes our own JP select-fire trigger setup for precision trigger control in both semi- and full-auto modes. As with all JP rifles, the GMR-12™ comes with parts and service readily available from a trusted US manufacturer.

Base Upper Specifications:
Receiver:Machined-from-billet 9mm lower with forged JP-15™ upper or machined PSC-11™ dual-charging upper ($500 upgrade)
Receiver Finish:Matte black
Barrel:JP Supermatch™ air-gauged, button-rifled, cryogenically treated barrel (1/2" x 36)
Barrel Finish:Magnesium Phosphate
Muzzle Treatment:JP tactical or standard-profile compensator
Caliber:9mm
Buttstock:ACE ARFX or Tactical Intent TI7 collapsible carbine
GripOptional
Hand Guard:Rifle Length JP Rapid Configuration Hand Guard
Operating System:Blowback
TriggerJP Enhanced Reliability Fire Control Package with a weight of 3.5-4lbs.
Accessories:JP accessory pack including operator's manual, backpack soft case and more

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.13_GMR.php.             Thanks
And here's the link.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]
A Glock pattern lower, where in stock actually means in stock!

JP Enterprises Glock pattern lower
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Double tap.......
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#3]
They are built to order, webste says between 8-18 weeks for the 9mm carbine.    

I'm considering pulling the tiger but, would like to hear from someone whose handled one.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm considering pulling the tiger but, would like to hear from someone whose handled one.
View Quote

I realize that,.......was generally a comment directed at these interested in DDLES
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#5]
10-4!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't know these existed  Very happy I saw this thread.

My money would be on them being awesome like most everything else JP makes
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking at those prices I am so glad I went with my JRCarbine. Glock 19 magazine compatible, half the price.....nicely built and finished....stone reliable.....outstanding accuracy.  But, we are all different and its your money.  I am sure those are nice rifles too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looking at those prices I am so glad I went with my JRCarbine. Glock 19 magazine compatible, half the price.....nicely built and finished....stone reliable.....outstanding accuracy.  But, we are all different and its your money.  I am sure those are nice rifles too.
View Quote

I'd buy the JP any day over JR.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#9]

To me a little extra money is worth the many extra features this is offering.
What a slick little PCC, Im glad someone started this thread I had not heard of JP making these

I don't think I would need the ambi safety, FF rail or muzzle brake though.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll stick with my Colt pattern lower..........
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Gen2 Lone Wolf rocks.  Have fun using cult mags in your carry pistol.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry a 45.............got no use for no stinkin Block!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it accept cult mags?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I realize that,.......was generally a comment directed at these interested in DDLES
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely beats the 9 Mo+ wait with ddles. That dual charging system sounds cool too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Definitely beats the 9 Mo+ wait with ddles. That dual charging system sounds cool too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$500 upgrade is kinda pricey

I wish they sold the uppers and lowers separately so I could build a pistol until it's SBR'd.

That's a lot of dough for something that would get chopped up later, especially since it's pinned and welded. I'd rather buy a 16" threaded.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting.

I'd like to see a few more pictures.   Especially with the mag inserted.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wish they sold the uppers and lowers separately so I could build a pistol until it's SBR'd.

That's a lot of dough for something that would get chopped up later, especially since it's pinned and welded. I'd rather buy a 16" threaded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes! i didn't see that the first time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Interesting.

I'd like to see a few more pictures.   Especially with the mag inserted.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#20]
They sell uppers separately .     Yea, found that review today. Thanks for the link. Wish they would have made the mag well smaller like the ddles.

Hmm decisions decisions if I could find a ddles or a g9  that was ready to go now I would snatch it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Apparently they have a brand new Glock lower. The gentleman I talked to said he had the prototype on his desk. He said they would have more info and pricing soon.

I would love a glock AR lower to build a SBR on. I am sure they will be spendy just like their 223/556 brethren.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Good to know. In an ideal world what upper would you prefer?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#23]
My gun Smith here in Holland (Europe) is building me a 9mm which uses Glock mags.
It has a top block and a side charger so the lower I can use for .223 also.
Yesterday we shot with it using Glock 17 - 19 - 26 and the 33 round mags.
26 mags very nice for bench shooting.
It also has a very nice bold catch and release on the right side, just above the mag release.
It has a light weight bold and a special one piece buffer and spring which makes it having very light recoil.
I have put some new pics in the "Building a 9mm" topic
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same.  I'm looking to build a pistol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.  I'm looking to build a pistol.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:33:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good to know. In an ideal world what upper would you prefer?
View Quote

Don't know exactly. I love their stuff I just don't want to drop 2k on a 9mm build.

I have most of the parts for a build now but need a lower. Originally it was going to be a 16" gun but it will become a SBR eventually.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Do want lower. Do not want high-dollar 14.5/16" upper.

$1500-1700 is a lot of coin for something that will never see the light of day after you spend another $1000+ on the SBR upper.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I agree its a lot of money. I wish the lone wolf g9 or the ddles wasnt so elusive.  Ive looked at the just right carbine, kel tec , theuron defense, tnw, that all take the glock mag. None of them do it for me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#28]
heres a ddles on gunbroker

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=380764368

Yikes! looks a bit rich for my blood though
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#29]
There are some very lovely rifles out there. I am the first to state that the JP is a fine looking and well made piece and if money were no object I would have one too. But man, money is tight, somethings will have to wait.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#30]
While not a JP, this is a sub $1k build, without the optic
-CMMG lower
-Colt M4 upper
-Colt 16" light weight barrel
-CMMG ramped bolt
-Troy VTAC and front sight
-KAC rear sight
-MagPul furniture......have a CTR stocks body one it now

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
-CMMG lower
-Colt M4 upper
-CMMG ramped bolt
-KAC rear sight

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/CMMG%209mm/DSC02378.jpg
View Quote

Who's mag block?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Who's mag block?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
-CMMG lower
-Colt M4 upper
-CMMG ramped bolt
-KAC rear sight

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/CMMG%209mm/DSC02378.jpg

Who's mag block?

Dedicated 9mm CMMG lower........blocks are a pain in the ass

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:53:46 AM EDT
[#33]
My gun smith here in Holland has produced a top block and bold for Glock mags.
It runs perfectly without any hick ups.
I think he will take orders from over sea if people ask politely.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Why in the hell is DDLES the only company that can make an attractive glock lower that actually carries the same angle as the mags?  The vertical front mag well just looks funky when you add the glock mag which has to sit at an angle IMO.   Doesn't really matter to me as I already have my DDLES lower but would be nice to have more options since it looks like DDLES is going away soon.  Just can't figure out why a high end company like JP would not make the lower more appealing with the glock magazine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why in the hell is DDLES the only company that can make an attractive glock lower that actually carries the same angle as the mags?  The vertical front mag well just looks funky when you add the glock mag which has to sit at an angle IMO.   Doesn't really matter to me as I already have my DDLES lower but would be nice to have more options since it looks like DDLES is going away soon.  Just can't figure out why a high end company like JP would not make the lower more appealing with the glock magazine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Has anyone put the Lone Wolf and JP side by side? I thought it was odd that they both use what looks like the exact same mag release button.

Maybe LW is supplying them for JP.

I'm thinking the same thing. The lower is so so and for a company that makes one of the best looking BCGs their 9mm BCG looks like they didn't even try. It looks like they bought a CMMG, cut it for Glock mags and carved their logo in the side. At least put a QPQ finish on it like your LMOS carriers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

odd I thought the JP looked much better
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#37]
DDLES looks way better and more streamlined than JP or Lonewolf.  I agree, why can't someone copy DDLES?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Will the uppers run with DDLES Glock lowers? Are they plug and play or do you still have to have the carrier machined down to work with a DDLES?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
DDLES looks way better and more streamlined than JP or Lonewolf.  I agree, why can't someone copy DDLES?
View Quote

At a minimum I just wish a few places would stock his lowers so they could be ordered. I really want one but the horror stories of ordering direct are enough to scare me off for now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Will the uppers run with DDLES Glock lowers? Are they plug and play or do you still have to have the carrier machined down to work with a DDLES?
View Quote

The description on their bolt says it will work with glock mags.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

The carrier has to be machined for the narrow glock mags.  Has nothing to do with the lower.  Any upper set up with 9mm is GTG once you get the BCG machined for the glock mags.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top