Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/9/2006 3:08:46 PM EDT
Well, I bit the bullet and finally bought myself an AR-15 yesterday.    I picked up a DPMS 16" carbine, with  (not quad) railed handguard, foregrip and light, for $880.    How'd I do on that one?    It seemed like a good deal, and DPMS seems to be a decent brand.

http://static.flickr.com/36/125499399_f0d49f2250_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/56/125499398_362a7b9c40_o.jpg

Now, of course, I begin the quest for accessories.

Thanks to arfcom, I've already got the tactical sling, and also plan to get an EOTech, but i'm looking for recommendations on a bipod, and collapsible buttstock with adjustable cheekweld and good recoil pad.  
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Great gun.Not a bad price either.
And yes,the hunt for accessories never ends.
Enjoy your new money pit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle!

Welcome to the disease FOR WHICH THERE IS NO CURE

ETA:  A photo of my rifle:

Now all you need is a RRA Dominator and an EOTech
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
There is one cure, but it is a little less desirable. It's called a felony!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice carbine.

Thanks to arfcom, I've already got the tactical sling, and also plan to get an EOTech, but i'm looking for recommendations on a bipod, and collapsible buttstock with adjustable cheekweld and good recoil pad.

I'd skip on the bipod, recoil pad, and the stock with an adjustable cheek weld.  The only thing it needs is an Eotech IMO.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice rifle!

Welcome to the disease FOR WHICH THERE IS NO CURE

Why would you wanna cure it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice carbine.

I'd skip on the bipod, recoil pad, and the stock with an adjustable cheek weld.  The only thing it needs is an Eotech IMO.

Well, none of those are absolutely necessary.... I just want`em :)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, I bit the bullet and finally bought myself an AR-15 yesterday.    I picked up a DPMS 16" carbine, with  (not quad) railed handguard, foregrip and light, for $880.    How'd I do on that one?    It seemed like a good deal, and DPMS seems to be a decent brand.

static.flickr.com/36/125499399_f0d49f2250_o.jpg
static.flickr.com/56/125499398_362a7b9c40_o.jpg

Any ideas?

recoil pad?!?!?WTF???

Why???

Good job on ther AR, and welcome to the madness!

BTW....Don't even think of getting a 1911!

Travis
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice carbine
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice.had
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/DirtDog111/Guns/5bfd0827.jpg
I hope yours is as much fun as mine has been. (but honey I NEED 2k of ammo this week)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

static.flickr.com/36/125499399_f0d49f2250_o.jpg
static.flickr.com/56/125499398_362a7b9c40_o.jpg

Any ideas?

recoil pad?!?!?WTF???

Why???

Good job on ther AR, and welcome to the madness!

BTW....Don't even think of getting a 1911!

Travis

Maybe the plastic stock digs into his shoulder?  Just a guess. It can get uncomfortable after a few hours of shooting for me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I happen to love my LMT SOPMOD....very comfy, doesn't rattle, has a rubber pad on the butt end.  Also helps balance the HBAR on mine.    Also has an amazing cheekweld.  Like no other rifle I've shouldered so far.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top