Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/18/2003 10:55:40 AM EDT
is the jewell trigger install something you can do your self or should it be something done by a pro? i am trying to decide between this one and the rockriver arms one, everything i read on this site says the jewell is the one to go with. but if installation is a pain in the ass i am going to go with the RRA.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:27:59 PM EDT
The John Hollinger tuned RRA 2 stage trigger is the variant that is getting universal rave reviews. The RRA out of the box trigger has been MOSTLY reviewed favorably on this board; however, there have been one or two that bitched about it. The Jewell (I've installed three so far) has worked well for me (especially after starting with the POS Bushmaster/CLE two stage trigger). On AR15.com was a thorough description of how to do it that walked me through the entire installation perfectly. Do a search.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:16:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rooster03: is the jewell trigger install something you can do your self or should it be something done by a pro?
View Quote
It's a piece of corn. Just follow the instructions that come with it. Don't force anything and get some dummy pins to set it up on before puttong the real pins in. I have a set of trigger pins that I chucked in a drill and sanded down until they were easy in, easy out and set it up on these first. I heard some said they just use 16 penny nails.
Top Top