Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2004 9:08:32 AM EDT
Heard something about J&T sending recall letters for the bolt catch.  Any further info?  Guess I'll call Monday to see if mine is affected.  I've read a lot of good things about J&T, but my one and only experince hasn't been that great so far.  My LPK parts kit was missing some parts, then took about 8 days to get the missing parts in.  Now, the one one part that was most tedious to install, may have to be taken out and replaced.  Just as I was getting ready to order 3 more LPKs...I don't know, might have to give busy another look for internals.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
J&T is a good all-around company. I currently own 2 J&T uppers and so far both have functioned flawlessly. Are these recalls for bolt catches purchased within a particular time period? Keep us updated if you find something out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure J&T's a good company, just one of those things that happens.  I prefer to have them be open about it  take care of it, which they are apparently doing.  Just not looking forward to taking out and putting in that damn roll pin.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm..  Just got two LPKs from them last night.  I haven't accounted for all the parts yet, but I have heard others who were missing a few little things too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#4]

You got to be kidding me.  I got a LPK off of them when they came to our Birmingham gun show a few months back.  I broke the bolt catch function testing it.  Of course, I sent it back and they replaced it with no hassle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
You didn't drop the hammer straight onto the Bolt Catch did you?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]
the bolt catch was annodized too hot or too long or something like that which made it too hard and brittle. Mine broke after 100 rounds. Its a pretty legit recall.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top