Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 4:47:03 PM EDT
I know they are a very reputable supplier but I have a few questions.  

1)  Are the uppers "complete".  
2)  Do they headspace the bolt with the upper you get?  
3)  What's their turnaround?
4)  What is "FN contract upper"?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
1.  Complete as in the only thing you have to add is the lower receiver.
2.  Yes.
3.  Depends on their workload.  Right now, since the expiration of the AWB, they're probably pretty busy, but well worth the wait.
4.  Means that they get their uppers from the same company that provides FN with their uppers.  This doesn't mean it's an FN upper, though, as many purists here will be quick to point out.

Motivation: here's my J&T A4.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I built a kit last week from them.  It was my first one.  They will even test fire it for you if you ask them to.  That way I knew that it would work right.  I have heard a few stories about kits from different companies having problems, and I not knowing what one is supposed to look like in the first place wouldnt have been able to tell the difference.  Like edge said they are a little back loged.  It took them a little over a week to get my kit out but part of that was because of a gun show that they where getting ready for.  There was also a shortage of barrels that they have since gotten fixed.  I would say they are well worth any wait and the $20 more for the kit.  My advice, dont use e-mail to try to comunicate and call in your order.  They are still using dial up at the shop so they dont get their e-mail till after closing time when one of the workers goes home.  
P.S if you have a problem talk to jesse, he is a member here and he took real good care of me.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Does the upper come barreled?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased a car-kit from them, 16' barrel with FF handguard.

It was accurate and dependable. All parts were good quality.

You can request for your upper to be test fired.

Customer service is good. I would not be afraid to purchase another kit from them.

banks308

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top