Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2003 1:09:41 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide between an RRA and DPMS stripped lower, and am planning to pick up a J&T kit. The only factor I can really come up with is appearance, so if anyone has matched a lower from either manufacturer with a J&T kit, do the blacks match?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I just built an AR from a JT M4 kit and a DPMS lower.  Finish on both the lower and upper matches perfectly.  The only thing that stands out as a slightly different shade is the selector switch.  

You honestly cannot tell that the rifle didn't come fully assembled.  Other than one small scratch I put on the lower while assembling they matched up perfect.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
My J&T upper perfectly matches two DPMS lowers I have, both color and matte, and the fit is tight.  I agree, you would not be able to tell they did not come assembled as a rifle.

It is normal that the dust cover, forward assist, safety not match.  They usually have a medium gray finish.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I assembled a J&T kit on an RRA lower. The color matched perfectly.  

Are you in the People's Republic of Charlottesville?  I think there is a rifle range north of town, but I've not shot there.

-Catsmeat
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, C'ville. Are you thinking of Rivanna? It's a great place, I'm joining this month!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to try it.  There are a couple of us (both attorneys, one former JAG) here in Fredericksburg looking for a place to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Great, I'll be in C'ville all summer, so drop me a line anytime you'd like to come down and shoot there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#7]
If they don't match, use CLP & they will match.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top