Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 11:11:45 PM EDT
How are their products and service compared to Model1?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:38:15 AM EDT
I have a JT bolt in my A3 and its ran 100%. Have always heard great things about JT. Pretty mixed with Model one. If you are going to build first AR I would go with JT.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:57:54 AM EDT
JT is good to go.

Max
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:00:34 AM EDT
Built my first AR (CAR 16 from J&T) a few months ago. Everyone said the quality would be great, but sometimes they would mix up the order. True to form, they sent the wrong buffer spring. No big deal, they sent me a new one.

The quality is great. No junk parts. Colt contract fcg. I couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend them.

On a side note I chose the lightweight chrome lined barrel. I was really worried about drifting point of impact with a lightweight barrel. But my fears were totally unwarranted. The lightweight barrel is more substantial than I thought it would be. The weapon is accurate and reliable

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:03:28 AM EDT
They use quality parts, know how to put a rifle together, and have good service in my experience.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:06:11 AM EDT
I bought a 20" a2 kit from JT and it's been great.

Would buy again.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:22:21 PM EDT
No problems here!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:31:25 PM EDT
Two J&T builds on STAG receivers, both work perfectly. I had one problem where they put a regular set of handguards on my 20" A2 instead of FF. They got the upper back from me, fixed the problem and reimbursed me for the shipping. A+ service and 100% satisfied.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:40:28 PM EDT
Built my first A2 20 " J&T on a RRA lower about 2 years ago. Everything works sweet... Shoot it all the time eats wolf and reloads just fine. I will buy from J&T again ... Real great quality and customer service, and I don't think you can beat there price's either. There has been much good said about J&T here...

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:30:54 AM EDT
My two favorite AR companies are J&T and RBPrecision. They are pretty much the only companies I use. Use J&T with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:07:00 AM EDT
there is no way for model1 to compare with jt!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:43:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By memyselfandi:
How are their products and service compared to Model1?

I picked up a CAR set from them at a gunshow. Good quality, happy with it, but even getting it from him there, it did not have the roll pin for the bolt release, but had 2 extra detents. I still order from them. Good people, they'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:22:32 AM EDT
Never a problem with them, prompt shipping, email receipts and stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:07:35 AM EDT
JT. And double star are the same co. Just got a double star off the EE Very inpresed by the Quality! Ordered a lot of stuff from JT no problems so far.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:11:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M104:
Built my first AR (CAR 16 from J&T) a few months ago. Everyone said the quality would be great, but sometimes they would mix up the order. True to form, they sent the wrong buffer spring. No big deal, they sent me a new one.

The quality is great. No junk parts. Colt contract fcg. I couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend them.

On a side note I chose the lightweight chrome lined barrel. I was really worried about drifting point of impact with a lightweight barrel. But my fears were totally unwarranted. The lightweight barrel is more substantial than I thought it would be. The weapon is accurate and reliable

Good Luck

I too have a JT chrome lined LW. I thought the same thing but found it to be totally untrue. There is no noticeable change in impact from a LW barrel (from a battle rifle). I am really happy with it and will probably get another LW in the future. I have also had CARs and M4 profiles from them- all 100% reliable.

Bottomline: Great service, parts= Great company
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:14:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:33:41 AM EDT
I have a complete AR from them with an ER shaw barrel

2000 rounds down the tube and not a SINGLE malfunction, accuracy is superb for a 16incher also..
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:55:54 PM EDT
Everything from them has been top notch but both of my experiences with Model 1were HORRIBLE!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:21:46 PM EDT
awesome guys. bought a lot of my parts from them at gun shows.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:35:59 PM EDT
I built a 24" varmint rifle using a JT Dist kit on a Stag lower, it is excellent and has shown top knotch accuracy!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:44:59 PM EDT
J&T all the way !
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:38:03 PM EDT
I have a 20" HBAR, 24" Bull Barrel and an M4 upper from them and all are excellent and also a good value. They come highly reccomended.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:55:02 PM EDT
+1 to all the compliments offered thus far. Excellent fit and finish on all their parts. The 'kit' I bought back in '03 came with all the right parts.....and a couple of bonus spares! Their CS is excellent. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:31:04 PM EDT
I had JT make me up a complete upper to pair against my Lauer lower. Jesse for JT even put aside a special non-cross drilled barrel for my carbine project. He had me even send him my Samson rail so that he can assemble it for me and sent it back.

There was a slight hiccup at first with the machining of the barrel, but he quickly had it returned to him and re-spun and returned within the week. It looked AWESOME. The barrels are Shaw barrels.

I spoke in extent with Jesse and Dennis throughout the progression of my project. Those two guys are a pleasure to talk to. Very informative, very helpful, and genuine.

Shipping was fast and prices are fair. They have a very extensive cross vendor catalog.

All thumbs up!

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:28:00 AM EDT
I had shopped from JT when their name was JT Surplus, this was before I joined ar15.com. They are and have always been good guys, come to think of it I'm gonna head over there and do some shopping!
Top Top