Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:16:56 AM EDT
I'm in the market for my first kit and want to build one for longer range accuracy. They have what looks like a real nice bull barrel kit for a decent price. I've also checked out the Delton kits, but they don't have the kind of build I think I'm looking for.

http://jtdistributing.net/store/more_k_bbk.html

Anybody ever use them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey, I'm still mostly a total noob here but many folks have asked this very question.  try going back a few pages in this forum (notice the little drop down at the top of the page , it lets you get waaayyyy back if you need to) and just scan for what you are looking for.  But short answer is people seem to like J&T and Del-Ton around here. Take a look around. I know my list of questions shortened dramatically as I just looked around this site. There is a ridiculous ammount of knowledge here if you are willing to look.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:07:43 AM EDT
[#2]
J&T is a great company, many kits, many smiles
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I've got the "bull barrel" kit, and LOVE IT so far! They have been a very good company to deal with!

The rifle is more accurate than I am, and seems to be very reliable (100% on the first ~250 rounds through it as of now) so that's all I can ask for...

Mike
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Gentlemen!

I appreciate the feedback.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
One of my rifles from them is based pretty close to that one.  Working on developing my perfect reload for it now, but when I was shooting cheap boxed ammo, it did quite well.  Not unhappy with the build at all.  

Some downsides is it is very heavy.  Specially for an AR15.  It isn't going to be something you're going to be holding up to your shoulder.  (Have 24" bull barrel on mine)   If that is ok with you, as it was my intent for this gun for me, then you'll be happy.

The other downside is the length.  I have a Magpul PRS stock on it, along with the 24" barrel (42" total), I'm not going to say I had issues finding a bag, but I think I was pretty lucky how well the first bag I picked up fit.  You could possible have issues if you dont check sizes.    (you do want a little extra spacing as well)  I feel my 46" bag fits it nearly perfect.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Just recieved a 24" bull barrel kit from them today!  It's my first kit, and I"m buildingit up for a freind's birthday.  Not sure if I should 'function check' it before he gets it or not!  I'd like to see how it shoots, but don't want to do a detail clean before he gets it  

Looks like it is all DoubleStar parts.  Honestly, I've not heard much about them, so we'll see how it turns out.  His build is on a Superior Arms lower purchased locally.  Hoping it's a good rifle, as it's his frist AR and first coyote rifle.

Doug K

PS, order was placed last Thursday evening, so three business days for processing and shipping.  Not too shabby!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's my J&T 24" bull barrel.  Been excellent and very accurate.  I"ve posted these pics several times:

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently bought a J&T 24" BULL KIT AND AM NOT HAPPY SO FAR WITH THE GROUPS i AM SHOOTING. iT DOES STILL HAVE A STOCK TRIGGER WHICH WOULD ACCOUNT FOR ALOT i HOPE.  Getting 2" groups at 100 with several different bullets.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I recently bought a J&T 24" BULL KIT AND AM NOT HAPPY SO FAR WITH THE GROUPS i AM SHOOTING. iT DOES STILL HAVE A STOCK TRIGGER WHICH WOULD ACCOUNT FOR ALOT i HOPE.  Getting 2" groups at 100 with several different bullets.

I added a 2 stage target trigger and it helped tremendously.  Mine's a 1/8 twist and shoots very well the Sierra Match 69 and 77 grain bullets with Varget reloads.  It'll shoot 1" groups all day and 1/2" groups with a clean barrel and a steady hand.  Good luck!  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#11]
nice
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top