Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/13/2004 2:59:03 PM EST
Just recently bought a LPK from J&T Dist. for a lower build...

Just yesterday I received a letter from them saying the bolt catch is being recalled because their 'quality inspections on this part was found to be below our standards.'

Anyone else get a letter like this? Is this normal? What could fail on the bolt catch? It looked pretty good to me. I sent it in as instructed.
Clarence
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:37:52 PM EST
i recently bought a kit from jt

the problem i had getting the kit together was the bolt catch. went in fine but one dry fire and the paddle end of the catch broke off!

i didnt make a big deal about it, just replaced it with one from bushmaster that i had lying around.

but if there is a recall i still have the broken peices and please inform if any further news is heard about this or any other "recalls" they may have on their kits

thanks for the post
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 4:49:58 PM EST
You're welcome.

Here's the return address for the recall:

DoubleStar/JT Distributing
ATTN: Quality Control / BC Recall
Box 430
Winchester, KY 40392

Maybe they'll send you a new one; seems like they would want to know if yours broke.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:50:17 AM EST
I got the recall letter also. I actually haven't even recevied the parts kit yet and I have had the letter for 3 days. Do they send the parts kits throught the mail or by ups?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 5:24:25 AM EST
I rec'd my LPK through the mail. However, it seemed like it took long time to receive it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:54:51 AM EST
I was thinking if they sent it by mail I would already have it since I received the recall letter already. I guess the lower will have to wait for assembly until I get back from overseas.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 2:29:23 PM EST
hmmm.. the bolt catch from my kit that I bought a couple years ago was really unusually soft. It got gouged and bent out of shape within a couple months, but I thought it was my fault.. the GA Precision replacement I bought has held up remarkably well since..
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:46:23 PM EST
Just got my replacement bolt catch from J&T Dist. I noticed the new part had some stamped markings on it where as the old one didn't.

Now I guess I can start my second build on my Ameetec lower.
Top Top