Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/26/2003 11:51:13 AM EDT
I can't believe my co-workers are such pussies. I recently sent the joke shown below to a few of the guys I hang out with at work, half of whom I know shoot their AKs and ARs on a regular basis. Would you believe a few of the ones that go shooting asked me never to send them stuff like this again because they don't want anyone thinking they are psyco killers that would shoot somebody. What the f#$k is this world coming to. It's a freaking joke.

The Difference Between The Liberal and Conservative "Debate" Over The War On Crime:

Question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... RELOAD!!!!!

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!"

... Darn tootin'.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:57:05 AM EDT
I'm not a psycho killer but I would still shoot someone.. Tell your friends to fuck off and go back to their well dressed hippy of a mom Hilary Clinton...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:13:16 PM EDT
Thanks! I just cut and pasted that baby and sent it to a few people myself!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:19:48 PM EDT
I love the texan's response [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:20:29 PM EDT
[rofl][lol] thats funny! i love texas
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:25:27 PM EDT
This is from one of the guys that shoots AKs all the time. What a damn pussy. He says, and I quote, "Let's hope our society doesn't come to the point where we have to carry around guns to defend ourselves." "I wouldn't shoot him because I'd probably end up in JAIL." "I might try and SCARE him with it." I am not making this shit up. He actually said that. Just goes to show you how screwed up some people are.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:28:12 PM EDT
Can we talk? There is some legal stuff for everyone to be aware of... 1) Work E-mail is owned by your employer. They can view, search, and do whatever they want with your emails. Maybe someday they have it out for you, and might use anything you send (or receive!) against you. A yahoo! web based e-mail account is another matter entirely- that's not theirs. 2) I hate having jokes and stories sent to me. I mean, it already takes forever to wade through the piles of useless memos, not to mention spam. I just want to get through the pile, and get on with gettin' it done. 3) Anything funny is going to offend somebody. Somebody is gonna misunderstand, and then it sucks. Because at work, you can't say "if you can't take a joke, then F(*k ya!" Well, your boss won't like it, because if lawyers get involved... 4) In the unfortunate circumstance that anyone is involved in a shooting, having that joke around might be used against the shooter, no matter how righteous the situation. I know it sucks. I thought it was a great joke, too. Completely appropriate for a recreational chat board. I NEVER EVER EVER send jokes at work, because it has the chance of causing all kinds of crap to flow downhill. Great joke, and me a leftist, too. Pete
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:32:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By stinkeypete: Can we talk? There is some legal stuff for everyone to be aware of... 1) Work E-mail is owned by your employer. They can view, search, and do whatever they want with your emails. Maybe someday they have it out for you, and might use anything you send (or receive!) against you. A yahoo! web based e-mail account is another matter entirely- that's not theirs. 2) I hate having jokes and stories sent to me. I mean, it already takes forever to wade through the piles of useless memos, not to mention spam. I just want to get through the pile, and get on with gettin' it done. 3) Anything funny is going to offend somebody. Somebody is gonna misunderstand, and then it sucks. Because at work, you can't say "if you can't take a joke, then F(*k ya!" Well, your boss won't like it, because if lawyers get involved... 4) In the unfortunate circumstance that anyone is involved in a shooting, having that joke around might be used against the shooter, no matter how righteous the situation. I know it sucks. I thought it was a great joke, too. Completely appropriate for a recreational chat board. I NEVER EVER EVER send jokes at work, because it has the chance of causing all kinds of crap to flow downhill. Great joke, and me a leftist, too. Pete
View Quote
I know all THAT. That is why I only sent it to a few people I THOUGHT I knew and could trust. The point is I guess you NEVER really know anybody. You can bet I won't be discussing guns with this guy again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:51:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By stinkeypete: Can we talk? There is some legal stuff for everyone to be aware of... 1) Work E-mail is owned by your employer. They can view, search, and do whatever they want with your emails. Maybe someday they have it out for you, and might use anything you send (or receive!) against you. A yahoo! web based e-mail account is another matter entirely- that's not theirs. It's this WORK kinda stuff that is far more scary to me than people in this country having to defend themselves with guns! Seems like you have to be neutered to be employed anymore....at least in the corporate world! UUUGHH! 2) I hate having jokes and stories sent to me. I mean, it already takes forever to wade through the piles of useless memos, not to mention spam. I just want to get through the pile, and get on with gettin' it done. 3) Anything funny is going to offend somebody. Somebody is gonna misunderstand, and then it sucks. Because at work, you can't say "if you can't take a joke, then F(*k ya!" Well, your boss won't like it, because if lawyers get involved... 4) In the unfortunate circumstance that anyone is involved in a shooting, having that joke around might be used against the shooter, no matter how righteous the situation. I know it sucks. I thought it was a great joke, too. Completely appropriate for a recreational chat board. I NEVER EVER EVER send jokes at work, because it has the chance of causing all kinds of crap to flow downhill. Great joke, and me a leftist, too. Pete
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:12:34 PM EDT
granola eating tree huggers.....this could also be a suggestion for the what targets besides paper to shoot at thread...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:18:20 PM EDT
I thought it was pretty funny...lol My answer, Bang... [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:47:16 PM EDT
My reply is between the Texas and Conservative answers. Gotta go the [i]professional[/i] (See: SWAT) way: two in the chest, one in the head. Kind of a tangent, but at least it has something to do with "[url=http://www.rit.edu/~jts0422/Movies/Group_X_video.swf]bang bang bang[/url]" Older persons, please., and for Christ's sake [b]it's a joke![/b] [:D] -Lee
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:05:00 PM EDT
yeah seconded on the work email thing. never send anything over via work email that could be in any way inciteful or controversial. you may think it's fine but you are putting your buddies in a pretty sticky spot.. you are making them an accomplice. that's a bit of an over the top term but i've seen ppl get canned for pretty insignificant things. My boss got fired for being an idiot and his best friend who was his boss got fired too because someone had proof he knew about it and did nothing. sure it's a rare thing to happen but the chance is multiplied by the severity of the consequences. don't mean to criticize my best friend and i have discussed this same scenario a dozen times.. "friends help you move, good friends help you move bodies".. funny but be sensitive to ppl who are paranoid about their jobs and email. since a lot of ppl here take very seriously preparing for the SHTF scenario which i think is far less likely than getting fired over a questionable email, which i've seen happen. my $.02
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:09:30 PM EDT
on another note.. the term i keep hearing in legal conversations about legal vs illegal shootings is 'force sufficient to stop the threat'. CHL class was a fun forum for questions like that. i had a bunch of what if questions i wanted answered and thankfully the instructor was really smart and not super gung ho like most ppl like to be, myself included. and was very cautionary and cited very specific examples and didn't spend a lot of time on the bloodthirsty rambo scenarios we all like to imagine in our "Heat" daydreams.. any more and you are gonna get creamed in civil court even if you make it out of criminal court. okay that's $.04 now...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:54:32 PM EDT
[ROFL2] That joke is freakin hilarious. I hope you didn't mind me telling it to a few friends.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:04:08 PM EDT
I'm with your friends, most people want to keep thier Gun ownership/opinions to themselves, the workplace especially is not the place to be fooling around with such matters. Most people including me want to maintain a low profile it has nothing to do with being a "pussy"
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:02:43 PM EDT
ROFL, that is hillarious, sent it to all my buddies
Top Top