Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/24/2011 11:25:26 AM EST
I probably will not be able to get out this weekend and test fire this but here are the pics of the upper.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/espos1111/pistol001.jpg?t=1298581260
On Spikes lower, RRA pistol buffer tube CAR spring and heavy buffer (probably need a H2, but we'll see), Del-Ton LPK, sorry about the cheap red dot (waiting for my iron sights), just needed something to aim with. If I can hit with that then it is GTG.
Not tight but not loose. Just right, no extra wobble.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/espos1111/pistol009.jpg?t=1298581260
Roll pin 90% inserted. Maybe they figured I was going to change it and made it easy for me. Easy fix.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/espos1111/pistol005.jpg?t=1298581618
M4 Feed ramps. Looks and smells like they oiled it with motor oil, but it's not dry
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/espos1111/pistol006.jpg?t=1298581684
Properly staked, although somebody got a little wacko with the allen wrench. Right hand bolt a little stripped at the very top. Plenty below it to pull if I needed.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/espos1111/pistol007.jpg?t=1298581838
Not auto BCG but that was an option.
If I can get out this weekend I will post how it shot and picture of target. My buddy is moving and it is his dads range. I might go to Dragonman's if it is nice out.

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:47:24 AM EST
I forgot, As for customer service. I contacted them on 2/17 10am. Both wrote and called to check if this was in stock. It seems like EVERYBODY is out of EVERYTHING all the time. On the phone she told me "yep, we have plenty of those in stock". The website listed 8 in stock, on Friday it listed 23 in stock. Must have just received a shipment. By the time I got off the phone with her and back on the computer, I had an email stating the same thing. I placed my order 2/17 11:49 am, after calculating what I had left on my credit card. Got my shipping notice 2/18 3:57 pm. It would have been here Monday but that was a holiday. Received it Tuesday. Well packed in USPS Priority Mail "triangle" tube. Couldn't have had a better experience with a company if I tried.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:48:01 AM EST
Looks good. hell i like the red dot, if it holds zero, shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 4:51:57 PM EST
I put together a similar package from JSE. Looking forward to testing it out this weekend.

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:26:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2011 2:31:37 AM EST by millz380]
Who make that upper receiver(DPMS, RRA)? Just curious i know the barrel is DTI the handguard YHM but it doesn't
say who actual made the receiver it self on web site. Going to order mine today!
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:30:31 AM EST
given the square forge mark on the side and the amount of Delton parts that JSE sells, I'm going to guess that its a delton upper receiver.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:32:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
given the square forge mark on the side and the amount of Delton parts that JSE sells, I'm going to guess that its a delton upper receiver.

Oh ok thanks brother appreciate it
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 7:43:11 AM EST
I see in the product description they mention the barrel profile below. Can you tell by looking under the hand guards what they are talking about?

7" Stainless Steel 1x9 twist, 5.56 chambered, lighter weight profile under the handguards than the standard HBAR......
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 7:59:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2011 8:00:32 AM EST by Espos1111]
HBAR stands for Heavy Barrel or Heavy Barrel Automatic Rifle, as we all know. It is a free float hand guard so not much to see there but I would assume that becuase it is a Stainless Steel barrel it is much lighter than a HBAR. Less density. SS is lighter than chrome moly. It has the same diameter from the suppressor to the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:46:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By millz380:
Who make that upper receiver(DPMS, RRA)? Just curious i know the barrel is DTI the handguard YHM but it doesn't
say who actual made the receiver it self on web site. Going to order mine today!

Might be DSA. They had a deal going on about a month ago for $300 7.5"complete uppers, and at least at that time the upper they used was from DSA.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:31:04 PM EST
The upper I got from from JSE is made by Noveske
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 4:53:15 PM EST
I got a chance to test fire my pistol today. I was having quite a few failure to feeds. At first I chalked it up to needing to break it in. For grins I braced the buffer tube against my shoulder and let a few rounds off....no issues. Loaded up a mag and tried it again, no issues, did this again with no additional FTFs and chalked up my earlier issues to me limp wristing the poor gun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 5:27:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By muncie21:
I got a chance to test fire my pistol today. I was having quite a few failure to feeds. At first I chalked it up to needing to break it in. For grins I braced the buffer tube against my shoulder and let a few rounds off....no issues. Loaded up a mag and tried it again, no issues, did this again with no additional FTFs and chalked up my earlier issues to me limp wristing the poor gun.

So muncie are you happy your jse upper after shooting it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:12:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By millz380:

So muncie are you happy your jse upper after shooting it?

I'm so pleased, that I'm considering to order a second one....even though I have no immediate plans for a second AR pistol at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 8:46:48 AM EST
Sweet I'm looking forward to my first ar pistol
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:54:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/4/2011 7:01:48 AM EST by brianengy]
I got mine yesterday. I order a RRA complete pistol lower to mount the JSE upper on. I have a hakko red dot on it with a cheap mount. Something just to get me started. Everything seems solid and GTG. The only thing that was a little strange was it was almost completely dry of lube. No big deal, I always break everything down and give it the miltec or CLP treatment. After cycling it a few times the action is really smooth.

The last pic is a stamp on the upper.

So far I'm happy with the fit and finish. Now its time to see how the function is. I ordered a Levang Linear Muzzle Brake for it. I'm going to test fire it before I do anything to it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 3:45:16 AM EST
Looking good. I ordered the same muzzle break. On backorder until 3/11. Finally getting to the range on Sunday Breaking in this, a 7.62 upper, a 1891/30, and sighting in my new nikon on a RRA 20" A2. Its been a long winter
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 8:23:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By brianengy:
I got mine yesterday. I order a RRA complete pistol lower to mount the JSE upper on. I have a hakko red dot on it with a cheap mount. Something just to get me started. Everything seems solid and GTG. The only thing that was a little strange was it was almost completely dry of lube. No big deal, I always break everything down and give it the miltec or CLP treatment. After cycling it a few times the action is really smooth.

The last pic is a stamp on the upper.

So far I'm happy with the fit and finish. Now its time to see how the function is. I ordered a Levang Linear Muzzle Brake for it. I'm going to test fire it before I do anything to it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_rtZwg3vJyfQ/TXBWe-MU7YI/AAAAAAAAjc8/gocU7FQMSqo/s640/IMG_3429.JPGhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_rtZwg3vJyfQ/TXBWg0mK9GI/AAAAAAAAjds/LwrjWBLNaBI/s640/IMG_3435.JPGhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_rtZwg3vJyfQ/TXBWlt4vMNI/AAAAAAAAjfQ/u8WXbkGQV1Y/s640/IMG_3447.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_rtZwg3vJyfQ/TXBWiP64UGI/AAAAAAAAjeE/BTcPMcVRPSU/s640/IMG_3438.JPGhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_rtZwg3vJyfQ/TXBWnUIzQ7I/AAAAAAAAjfw/MH8ivS3fcHg/s640/IMG_3451.JPG

That gas block as a Double Star / JT Disti logo on it. I think that makes these a mix of DTI, Noveske, and Double Star parts. Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 4:58:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/7/2011 9:20:53 AM EST by Espos1111]
Went shootin today. Happy, happy, happy. Slight ejection issues, probably add a d-ring or #60 o-ring until break in. Tight groups at 50 yards. 10 rds in a 3" circle, it was windy as s**t out. Oh, I was also surprised at the ease of shooting. I was expecting it to be a little awkward to shoot and was expecting more noise and muzzle flash/burn (from what I have read). The YHM hand-guard is perfect to hold and not a lot of extra noise or flash. I was using LC 10 X193.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:41:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 4:35:29 PM EST by kahrk-9]
Ordered from JSE and so far so good. My order showed up just as ordered about a week after I ordered. Mine is a Spikes receiver, Ace Stock (CAR spring and buffer), Del-Ton internals, and I got the upper they don’t have any more with the stainless barrel and added the YHM diamond ff rail and A1 FH. I’ve put 100 rounds through my pistol so far and it’s been hp, sp, Wolf, surplus 5.56 and Remington .223 ball ranging from 55 grn to 62 grn. No problems shooting from the tube against the shoulder or pushing against the sling. The first pic is my first try at a 3 shot group with a BSA $30 red dot site @ 25 meters w/ Wolf. Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:17:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2011 2:14:45 PM EST by Espos1111]
Originally Posted By Espos1111:
Went shootin today. Happy, happy, happy. Slight ejection issues, probably add a d-ring or #60 o-ring until break in. Tight groups at 50 yards. 10 rds in a 3" circle, it was windy as s**t out. Oh, I was also surprised at the ease of shooting. I was expecting it to be a little awkward to shoot and was expecting more noise and muzzle flash/burn (from what I have read). The YHM hand-guard is perfect to hold and not a lot of extra noise or flash. I was using LC 10 X193.

I should have said extraction not ejection issues. I added the o-ring (pack of 10 at Homedepot $2.50). Fixed the problem. Went through about at least 200 rds and not one FTE. I used XM193 and BVAC. Towards the end of the day had about 1 in 20 BVAC rounds jamb up bad enough to warrant holding the charging handle and whacking the buffer tube with a rubber mallet (try THAT with a rifle). The pistol was very dirty at that point but I blame the ammo not the weapon because I would pop in another mag of XM193 and it would shoot just fine. Anyway, at 100 yds we were picking off 4x4 tiles with the cheap red dot (poor glass/optics). At 50yd it was way better, optic wise, hit the bulls eye every time, well almost everytime .
I must say though, my pistol hated my reloads. They would not even chamber without jamming. That happened with the first 2 I tried so I just gave up and tried different ammo. They are fine in the AR they were shot out of but not this. Yes, it is a full size die. I might need to adjust the die or just keep these reloads separate. That might have been the problem with the BVAC, those are reloaded LC ammo. Anybody know if a stainless barrel is more picky than others?

I did forget to put on my hearing protection for the first shot, and, WOW, I won't do that again. Not louder just "sharper".

Edit: I figured out what was happening with my reloads. I was reloading 38's and changed back to 223. When I did this I must have moved the sizing die enough that it wasn't sizing the neck and shoulder all the way. I tried some of my earlier reloads and they work fine. I only had my newer reloads with me at the time. I guess it was just the last 200 a pulling I will go, damnit
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:32:23 AM EST

My Daniel Defense upper has a 'square forge' receiver.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:56:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By JeffCsr:

My Daniel Defense upper has a 'square forge' receiver.

I've had 2 upper from DTI and they were both key hole marked, but the upper I got from JSE is square marked.
Top Top