Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 8:25:01 AM EST
Hello,
I just installed a set of JP yellow springs(hammer and trigger) and man, what a difference!!! Best 10 bucks you'll ever spend on a trigger, thats for sure, as long as they fire off all ammunition. My question is, has anyone experienced any FTF because the hammer didn't have enough strength? They mention that it's possible in the directions, but it seems to have plenty of snap to me. As my upper is not yet assembled, I have not had a chance to fire the weapon, but that ominous warning in the directions is a bit un nerving, but man is the trigger alot lighter and crisper. Thanks in advance!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:02:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 9:05:31 AM EST by Wingman26]
I installed the springs, and experienced the same thing as you, absolutely amazing! Since that time I have fired hundreds of rounds, mostly IMI M193 and some handloads, the rifle worked perfectly, no problems at all.

If you are using the rifle in a tactical situation you would probably want to stick to the regular springs, but for casual shooting the reduced power springs work well.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:30:58 PM EST
I installed them springs and went shooting today. Worked GREAT!! Not one problem at all. I shot roughly 300 rounds Wolf 62 gr FMJ with not one problem. My friend who did the "15 minute trigger job" (or however long it takes) had a few problems with his. I highly recommend the JP trigger springs. Thats just me though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:17:05 PM EST
Did the same here. Great upgrade for ~$10 bucks. Do any of you guys find it to be almost like a 2 stage trigger though? My pull is a little squishy before it breaks crisply. I'd rather just have it crisp but light the whole way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:46:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By ShadowOne:
Did the same here. Great upgrade for ~$10 bucks. Do any of you guys find it to be almost like a 2 stage trigger though? My pull is a little squishy before it breaks crisply. I'd rather just have it crisp but light the whole way.

what your probably feeling is a bit of creep in the trigger, I have the same problem after installing them on mine, I'm going to try stoning the bottom of the trigger a little and see if it will take up a little of the slack.

Hey rat did you see the the blown primer I had with the wolf, damn thing came out and lodged under the trigger, had to take it apart just to get it out, it was the first failure I've had in about 8k rds. with the wolf, what I think happened was that when acman, slyhunter and I were over on the other range, I left my ammo out in the sun and it got really hot and caused the pressure to spike when fired, I let what I had cool off in the a/c and shot up a couple hundred rds when I got home and haven't had any more problems.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:23:35 PM EST
I didn't have any more creep than what it had with the mil spec springs. I have a bushy lower parts kit in an ameetec lower, and it has maybe 1/16 of an inch creep before a very crisp break. I would guess around a 4 1/2 lb trigger. So far I'm VERY satisfied, and I don't think I'd ever want anything lighter since this gun will become my primary home defense rifle and due to the fact that most of my coyote hunting is done in cold weather with gloves on. I guarantee that every AR I build from here on out will have these springs unless I run across some problem with them down the line!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:29:45 PM EST
JP Enterprises

BIG +1

MT
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:45:10 AM EST
ndenway, are you sure that 'stoning the bottom of the trigger' is the way to get rid of excessive creep??
Top Top