Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2008 5:18:10 PM EDT
Has anybody used the JP modular trigger yet? How does it compare to a Timney? Other than the fact it is more expensive!

www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.3.php
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not used the modular unit but I have JP triggers in 9 ARs and will not use anything else. I have never had a problem with any parts from JP or any problem with either of the 2 rifles they built for me. John is a great guy to do business with and stands behind his products 100%.

There was a problem with some of the early Timney triggers but as I understand it they have been corrected. You may want to verify that with somebody who has experience with one if you are considering thier trigger.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have not used the modular unit but I have JP triggers in 9 ARs and will not use anything else. I have never had a problem with any parts from JP or any problem with either of the 2 rifles they built for me. John is a great guy to do business with and stands behind his products 100%.

Thats good to hear. I like the ability to adjust it!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never tried the module one either, but do have the regular JP trigger.  I love how adjustable it is.  Put a RRA 2 stage in my other lower and highly considering upgrading that one as well.  

The module one looks a lot like the standard on, except just put together already with a bracket holding it together.  I have no doubts its as nice as the one you have to assemble.  

The only problem I did have with the trigger is I felt the hammer spring was a little light for mil primers.  About 1/10 would get a misfire because of a light hit.  Never any problems with any ammo except the XM193.  Put the stock trigger spring on and its fine.

It does look like the module unit has the light spring on it.  No clue if you are planning to shoot ammo with the harder primers, or if the trigger is able to be disassembled to replace the spring.  Something to consider though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top