Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 10:34:03 AM EDT
What is it?How is it?Why should i want it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume you're talking about the JP Speed Hammer? If so, it will give you reliable ignition on DOMESTIC ammo with a lighter hammer spring. With a stock spring you get reliable ignition with hard mil-spec primers and faster lock time. The Speed Hammer it a natural counterpart to JP's revised geometry, adjustable trigger. A 3.5# clean breaking trigger with little overtravel that is reliable with all ammo is attainable with JP parts and a stock hammer spring. With the JP hammer spring you're looking at about 2.5#.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
It is basically an aluminum bolt carrier. the idea is low reciprocating mass. A friend of mine shoots for JP. he claims it makes a big difference in felt recoil
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]

... he claims it makes a big difference in felt recoil

Felt recoil in what? My kid's toy pop gun has as much recoil as an AR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a JP Speed hammer with their yellow "J" spring. So far it has worked with any .223 ammo I've shot, but it won't work with a .22 rimfire conversion. Might work with a stock "J" spring but I haven't tried it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

... he claims it makes a big difference in felt recoil

Felt recoil in what? My kid's toy pop gun has as much recoil as an AR.

Yes I agree the AR is no 300 win mag but it still has enough recoil to move your sights off target. We are talking about the world of USPSA speed shooting here, .5 seconds is an eternity. You can literally tune a "race gun" AR to the point it will have NO (ZERO, NONE, NADA) recoil or muzzle clime. This allows you to cut your double tap time on close range targets by that big .5 second.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is basically an aluminum bolt carrier. the idea is low reciprocating mass. A friend of mine shoots for JP. he claims it makes a big difference in felt recoil

Whoa....I thought he was talking triggers. Ops.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I use a JP Speed hammer with their yellow "J" spring. So far it has worked with any .223 ammo I've shot, but it won't work with a .22 rimfire conversion. Might work with a stock "J" spring but I haven't tried it.

I had been wondering about that.  It sounds like I need to order the LM hammer to augment the JP spring set I just installed in my tactical rifle.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I put together a medium range USPSA rifle using a JP Grade III upper and a BM lower.  I went for the aluminum bolt carier, I have noticed more wear then I expected, but I can double tap a plate @ 200 yds.  This is fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top