Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:11:49 PM EDT
Anyone using the JP "yellow " H/T/S springs? I just installed them in 4 lowers. 1ea Colt, Bushmaster, Rock River, and Rock River w/ DPMS LPK. These lowers all had a trigger pulls ranging from 6 1/2 lbs to 8 lbs +. Now, they are all 5-5 1/2 lbs.
Anyone have problems with light primer strikes? If so, what ammo gave you problems.

Thanks,
Milton
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:42:32 PM EDT
I've used the JP and the Yellow Travern Reduced Power Springs... both from Brownells. The YT are 1/3 the price and seeem to hold up as the JP.

If you polish as in this link
http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=273849

It really improves the trigger feel. In fact, I used the Dremel with felt wheels and the polishing compound that comes with the Dremel polishing kit and got a mirror finish! It looked so good I used the stock springs. It's still heavy but incredibly CRISP!! No creep just a firm CLICK. Now I polish all my AR groups. Good Shooting!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:58:15 PM EDT
I use them in one of my Bushmasters.

I have had 1 light primer strike in about 1600 rounds.
The light primer strike was on a round of Adcom M855.

I have shot XM193, Wolf, Silver Bear, & Am.Eagle with no
light primer strikes.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
I stuck them in my RRA 9mm and haven't had any problems with light strikes.

I've shot about 1000 rounds since installing them, mainly WWB value pack and Mag Tech.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:47:31 PM EDT
OK I have these in my 9mm set up they work GREAT, no hard primers to worry about. And I use them in another gun that I took my hammer and cut of the back of the hook off like the JP low mass hammer and it works 100%. OUT. Tuna
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:24:40 PM EDT
i have a set in my colt 9mm and it works fine.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:38:26 PM EDT
I run them with the full JP Fire Control system in all my rifles (12) and haven't had a problem at all. My main competition/training rifle breaks at at 3.5# exactly, with a hair of over travel. If I buy nothing else for a rifle, it's a JP Fire Control System (i.e. Speed Hammer, Trigger and Springs).

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:39:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Resolved:
I've used the JP and the Yellow Travern Reduced Power Springs... both from Brownells. The YT are 1/3 the price and seeem to hold up as the JP.

If you polish as in this link
http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=273849

It really improves the trigger feel. In fact, I used the Dremel with felt wheels and the polishing compound that comes with the Dremel polishing kit and got a mirror finish! It looked so good I used the stock springs. It's still heavy but incredibly CRISP!! No creep just a firm CLICK. Now I polish all my AR groups. Good Shooting!hr

+1 on polishing with dremel
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:41:50 PM EDT
Have the yellows in 3 ARs. No problems so far (6k rounds, reloads w/ CCI 400 primers)

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:52:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By miltonshooter:
Anyone using the JP "yellow " H/T/S springs? I just installed them in 4 lowers. 1ea Colt, Bushmaster, Rock River, and Rock River w/ DPMS LPK. These lowers all had a trigger pulls ranging from 6 1/2 lbs to 8 lbs +. Now, they are all 5-5 1/2 lbs.
Anyone have problems with light primer strikes? If so, what ammo gave you problems.

Thanks,
Milton

I installed them and to improve function, I gut the tail off of my ar-15 spec hammer - saving a few grams & impreoving ignition.

Another way to look at "light strikes" is this:

After installing the JP springs, my rifle worked PERFECTLY but some of the primers in ceratin brands turned unreliable.

LEAST reliable were the military primers. Close were the CCI primers.

MOST RELIABLE primers have proven to be the Federal primers that are used in true American Eagle (not the lake city marked stuff).

With the JP springs, the gun is now usable in 3gun competition. For just slow fire/range/ plinin, the stock springs are fine. You don't need a light trigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:31:42 AM EDT
Thanks for the input. I guess it is off to the range for me.
Milton
Top Top