Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 4:56:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 7:17:56 AM EST by Bklyn_Irish]
I have a JP Trigger assembly that has never been installed. Any reason(s) why I should/should not install it? Should I just sell the damned thing?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:38:50 AM EST
There's nothing wrong with a properly-installed JP trigger group. If it's set up right, it will last a long time. I've got 4 or 5 of them with thousands of rounds through; the trigger pulls have not appreciable changed. JP installed and set up all of mine.

A lot of people screw up the installation, don't follow the instructions, or use the wrong springs and then have problems.

-z
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:45:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 7:47:26 AM EST by MT_Pockets]
Sell it.....

To ME.

+1 A lot of people screw up the installation, don't follow the instructions, or use the wrong springs and then have problems.

MT_Pockets
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:49:58 AM EST
i put one of their single stage trigger kits and speed hammer in my bushmaster. follow their instructions to the letter. trigger package comes with a video. watch it several times. they recommended blue loctite; i used red. i used the "tactical" spring kit. wonderful trigger. 4.5 lbs., crisp, clean break, very fast reset. my factory trigger was a rough, gritty, 8 to 9 lbs. you won't regret this trigger. mcole
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:52:21 AM EST
You should not! But you should sell it to me QUICK! Really cheap! Before I change my mind.

Seriously, the JP is a great trigger. It takes a little bit of time and a small amount of skill to install it, but once it's in you'll love it. I have over 1850rds on one and it's remained reliable and crisp.

If you do decide to sell it however, send me an email. I have a couple of other lowers inbound that will need a good trigger.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:35:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 9:38:02 AM EST by Bklyn_Irish]
Sounds like a job for a gunsmith (maybe even JP themselves). I would rather not play with it. One thing I noticed: the kits are expensive.

Should I have any concerns? Would there be any reason NOT to put it in (i.e. ammo selection)? I noticed in the Brownell's catalogue they have a "Service Rifle Spring Kit."
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:36:58 AM EST
I have had zero ignition problems in any of my AR15's or my AR10 using the JP trigger. I had JP do all the work and install the entire trigger group including hammer and springs.

-z
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:39:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
I have had zero ignition problems in any of my AR15's or my AR10 using the JP trigger. I had JP do all the work and install the entire trigger group including hammer and springs.

-z

What are they charging?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:40:45 AM EST
It was $220 laber included, return shipped, last time I checked. Everything is adjusted and locktited in place.

Everyone who dry-fires these gets a funny faraway look and says something like <NEO>Woah</NEO>

-z
Top Top