Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:49:51 PM EDT
Hi all,

Anyone know where I can buy JP Tension Pins online?  I've gone to the JP site and it seems to be down..almost all the links are dead.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Woot!!!  Found 'em!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
OK I found the JP tension pins. Now the question is...are they worth it??  I tried a search but found little to no info on this (guess that should tell me something. eh?)   I received my new LMT lower Saturday from Pete at LT to go with my JTAC LMT upper and there is a slight bit of "slop" in the uper/lower fit.  I know its no big deal but I'm finding out I'm a bit anal about these things (FWIW, by factory Bushie is rock solid with 0 play)  Is the JP in worth the price/effort?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
if you lose them while cleaning/clearing in the field your sol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used them for years in my spacegun in NRA Highpower competition.  They do make the rifle feel solid, but it's unlikely to have any effect on accuracy.  The only downside I see is that it requires tools and time to dis-/re-assemble the rifle; that's inconsequential in a range queen, but could be serious in a SHTF weapon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
i have 4 jp groups.  they may do something to true the trigger engagement surfaces but if so i can't see it.  if you go with them i would keep a back up set of pins in the butt stock.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input, all. I appreciate it!  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top