Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 3:52:08 PM EDT
Installed a set of JP trigger springs (thanks to you guys) in my bushy today...

Worked great!  Went from an 8# trigger to 4 3/4#... Can't wait to try it at the range hisJoe
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, those work.  i had 'em in mine for a while- i started to get light primer strikes on lake city xm193, but i haven't heard of many people having the same problem.  enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a similar thread on the JP drop in FCG going on now as well.

As for light strikes, I've shot approx 8,000 through a JP trigger with no ignition problems. I've only shot Q3131a, PMP, Wolf and Georgia Arms reloads through my rifles. 100% ignition - but here's the trick: either buy JP's speed hammer or just cut off the "tail" of your stock hammer. There's no functional need for the hammer tail in a AR-15. What this does is lighten the hammer and increases the striking speed of the hammer with the lightened JP springs. The hammer is very hard, so be prepared to cut for a while!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

As for light strikes, I've shot approx 8,000 through a JP trigger with no ignition problems. I've only shot Q3131a, PMP, Wolf and Georgia Arms reloads through my rifles. 100% ignition - but here's the trick: either buy JP's speed hammer or just cut off the "tail" of your stock hammer. There's no functional need for the hammer tail in a AR-15. What this does is lighten the hammer and increases the striking speed of the hammer with the lightened JP springs. The hammer is very hard, so be prepared to cut for a while!

Cutting down the hammer sounds like a pretty good idea. chp5, what did you use to cut it, a Dremel or something more heavy duty? Has anybody else tried this?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cutting down the hammer sounds like a pretty good idea. chp5, what did you use to cut it, a Dremel or something more heavy duty? Has anybody else tried this?

Dremel with a cut off wheel.  The hammer is hard and it takes a while.  I follow it up with a file to smooth everything out.  Take a look at JP's speed hammer - that's what it should look like when you're finished.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]
you can buzz them off with a side cutter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top