Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:35:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 7:38:29 AM EST by El_Roto]
I just finished installing and testing a JPFC-1 from JP Enterprises into my Bushie (see image below) and I am truly amazed at the difference: there is no creep whatsoever, and the trigger breaks as crisply and cleanly as the professionaly-tuned triggers on my Colt pistols. It feels just as solid as the stock trigger - totally "field worthy". As a bonus, when I engage the safety the trigger is now solidly locked; originally there was a bit of travel before it hit the stop.

I went for the D.I.Y. route (I'm silly like that), which is no biggie if you have a solid set of tools and can RTFM, but for those who would rather have the pro's handle such things, JPE will install these at their shop for a nominal fee. They've recently introduced a trigger module, but I don't know much about it.

I'm off to Gunstock tomorrow morning and I'll be throwing a thousand or so rounds downrange while I'm there so that should give me some evaluation points on this trigger's initial capabilities. I'll add those notes when I return and after I get home from my gallbladder surgery, which is Monday(...yah, I'm a busy guy).
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:51:52 AM EST
I've got one and I like it alot. I've only put about 500 rounds through it so far, but it feels great.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:12:21 AM EST
I installed one in my Bushy last week.

I'm taking it out this weekend to give it a test run.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:19:08 AM EST
This was the first mod I made to my rifle. Far far better then any military trigger. Just like a nice 1911 trigger now.
Some people worry about the little allen head screws falling out. I RED loctited mine in there after initial assembly. I also used the military hammer spring, not the lighter weight JP spring
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:30:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 10:36:24 AM EST by El_Roto]
RE: the adjustment screws - my instructions specify they are to be fixed with red locktite after their final adjustment, then checked 24 hours after assembly and before fireing the rifle to ensure they're secure so I don't see any reason to worry about them coming loose.

RE: spring weight - I'm have the 3.5lb spring right now; I'll know better after this weekend if I want to go higher than that.
Top Top