Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:35:44 AM EDT
I just finished installing and testing a JPFC-1 from JP Enterprises into my Bushie (see image below) and I am truly amazed at the difference: there is no creep whatsoever, and the trigger breaks as crisply and cleanly as the professionaly-tuned triggers on my Colt pistols.  It feels just as solid as the stock trigger - totally "field worthy".  As a bonus, when I engage the safety the trigger is now solidly locked; originally there was a bit of travel before it hit the stop.

I went for the D.I.Y. route (I'm silly like that), which is no biggie if you have a solid set of tools and can RTFM, but for those who would rather have the pro's handle such things, JPE will install these at their shop for a nominal fee.  They've recently introduced a trigger module, but I don't know much about it.

I'm off to Gunstock tomorrow morning and I'll be throwing a thousand or so rounds downrange while I'm there so that should give me some evaluation points on this trigger's initial capabilities.  I'll add those notes when I return and after I get home from my gallbladder surgery, which is Monday(...yah, I'm a busy guy).
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one and I like it alot.  I've only put about 500 rounds through it so far, but it feels great.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed one in my Bushy last week.

I'm taking it out this weekend to give it a test run.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
This was the first mod I made to my rifle.  Far far better then any military trigger.  Just like a nice 1911 trigger now.  
Some people worry about the little allen head screws falling out.  I RED loctited mine in there after initial assembly.  I also used the military hammer spring, not the lighter weight JP spring
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#4]
RE: the adjustment screws - my instructions specify they are to be fixed with red locktite after their final adjustment, then checked 24 hours after assembly and before fireing the rifle to ensure they're secure so I don't see any reason to worry about them coming loose.

RE: spring weight - I'm have the 3.5lb spring right now; I'll know better after this weekend if I want to go higher than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top