AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 85
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike                  June 21st

2 questions for you.

Any progess with the new production 603 uppers as of yet.? Beyond the 1st 100 NDS leftovers? You had said that you had
some things to work out on the new ones.

Any progress on putting items up on the website as of yet? I realize that this project is slow in coming . In no hurry. Just looking for some info . I and many others are very happy you are
doing this for the retro market.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
We are very close to turning on production of uppers.
View Quote

Now THAT's what we all want to hear!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Great! I need a stripped upper to finish my new project. Might get 2 if you don’t have a limit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#6]
We are very close to turning on production of uppers.

We're waiting on a custom form tool to get ground this week. The team has to show me parts that hit all the required dimensions before I give the go ahead.

Web stuff is progressing. The goal is to have the pertinent sku's on the PSA shopping cart first. Then we'll update the H&R website as we can.
View Quote

Has pricing been set yet?
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Mike, would you be considering producing an M231, or parts for one?  
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
HI Mike
I've not been following this thread every minute but I come back every few months to see what's going on. Can you tell me when you think you'll have the H and R M16 retro available for sale. I think many people probably asked I don't know but I just don't want to miss the boat on it. I have myself a beautiful M16 Colt that I bought one of your early receivers got a very low serial number in the gray match is perfect with the Colt  anyway that's not what the big deal is I just want to know when I can get the H and R, if you want to communicate to me by messenger that's fine I just want to know and if it's secret tell me I won't tell anyone thank you
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Can’t blame the guy for trying!!

Like everybody else, I’m waiting for these receivers to drop and being just the average Joe, I’ll have to wait in line with everybody else.

Maybe these receivers will drop by the end of August, if not sooner but if not, I’ll be waiting some more since I have a Like-New Colt A1 upper receiver assembly that were being sold back in 2007-2008 and a mint XM16E1 complete upper receiver assembly with an original chrome bolt assembly that I picked up around the same time.

“I” don’t think Biden will do anything too stupid until after November, so I’m hoping that these will drop before then.

If not, I will have to go my Plan B, which is to use the NoDak Spuds receivers I have…. The markings are more legit looking on the H&R receivers and will my Colt two uppers more justice, in the end.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The first batch is supposed to be back from anodizing late next week.

Probably won't be on the shopping cart until the following week.

I'll let everyone know.
View Quote

I can’t remember if it’s been brought up or not, I apologize if it has. Will these be sold as stripped, complete, or both?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I can’t remember if it’s been brought up or not, I apologize if it has. Will these be sold as stripped, complete, or both?
View Quote

Complete, but w/ round large Forward Assist.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TankerFA:
HI Mike
I've not been following this thread every minute but I come back every few months to see what's going on. Can you tell me when you think you'll have the H and R M16 retro available for sale. I think many people probably asked I don't know but I just don't want to miss the boat on it. I have myself a beautiful M16 Colt that I bought one of your early receivers got a very low serial number in the gray match is perfect with the Colt  anyway that's not what the big deal is I just want to know when I can get the H and R, if you want to communicate to me by messenger that's fine I just want to know and if it's secret tell me I won't tell anyone thank you
View Quote

You completely missed the boat, I bought everything in a secret back door deal and will NOT be sharing! Now excuse me as I go swim in my pool full of H&R receivers like Scrooge Mc-Duck!
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I went to the PSA website and saw nothing of these receivers even advertised as “coming soon”.
Is this not going to be added until they are ready?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Nobody is going to miss out.

As long as there is demand, and we are legally allowed to make AR15 lowers, they will be produced.
View Quote

And idea on pricing? Spy photos, anything?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 10mmManiac:
And idea on pricing? Spy photos, anything?
View Quote

They look suspiciously like GM parts for some reason...
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

As long as it’s the notched version that’s fine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#20]

I'll let everyone know.
View Quote

Posting at 0645 Pacific? Isn't this a school night, young man?

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#21]

I'll let everyone know.
View Quote

Soon…
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:31:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been out of the loop for a while (a couple of years?), just today I decided to log on to NoDak's site and window shop only to see the news.

Surprised is a bit of an understatement lol.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Are CAR-15/XM177 uppers going to be available?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Anticipation!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Will slabside lowers still be available?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Mike keeps answering the same questions over and over, maybe a tacked thread or update the H&R website to add a FAQ section would be a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#30]

I'll let everyone know.
View Quote
Not having any details re quantity, pricing,etc. we should have contest pedicting how fast you'll sellout.
As in "out of stock, backorder ok".

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By hotdog250j:
Not having any details re quantity, pricing,etc. we should have contest pedicting how fast you'll sellout.
As in "out of stock, backorder ok".

View Quote

Well seeing I along with others have asked about pricing, and those questions going unanswered usually means one thing. They will be priced at a premium and despite that you know they will sell out in the first half hour they drop .
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 10mmManiac:  Well seeing I along with others have asked about pricing, and those questions going unanswered usually means one thing. They will be priced at a premium and despite that you know they will sell out in the first half hour they drop .
View Quote

He's the president of H&R, not Anderson.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Nobody is going to miss out.

As long as there is demand, and we are legally allowed to make AR15 lowers, they will be produced.
View Quote

Mike I'm wondering when the completed rifles are going to be coming out not interested in just the lower I'd like to buy a complete rifle. Okay guys make your comments now even though I'm only asking Mike
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:29:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#34]
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:
Mike keeps answering the same questions over and over, maybe a tacked thread or update the H&R website to add a FAQ section would be a good idea.
View Quote
People would still ask questions. My suggestion is to just post this link and say 'start reading'.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/JJE-HandR-LLC-acquisition-of-NoDak-Spud/123-768993/?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Over in the Reddit Retro AR sub, if I refer to the big thread (this one ) I tell people to start from the end, scroll back through, and mainly read Mike's posts.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TankerFA:

Mike I'm wondering when the completed rifles are going to be coming out not interested in just the lower I'd like to buy a complete rifle. Okay guys make your comments now even though I'm only asking Mike
View Quote

I’m also interested interested in the complete rifles.  Mainly A1.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#37]
We need an executive summary so folks DON'T have to read the whole thing.

We're going to do this and that but not those or the other....
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Carbinekid:  We need an executive summary so folks DON'T have to read the whole thing.

We're going to do this and that but not those or the other....
View Quote

No, no, it's  more fun this way - we can ask Mike the same question 87 times.  He needs the typing practice.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#39]

No, no, it's  more fun this way - we can ask Mike the same question 87 times.  He needs the typing practice.  
View Quote
AND ask if he'll make the most obscure H&R your Grandpa had once.
I'll buy one,I promise.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#40]
I'll buy one,I promise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'll buy one,I promise.

Here's a few I bet he hasn't heard before, "Hi, are you going to offer complete as well as stripped receivers?" or "how much will the receivers cost? I read every page, I swear!"
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Mike

Some questions for you. The 1st 100 lowers will sell out in a blink of an eye. You indicated that the goal would be at least 200 to 250 A1 lowers a week to be done after the 1st 100 go out.
Do you have an idea on turn around time for the next batch to be
back to you to put up for sale?  The 1st 100 took about 3 to 4 weeks to come back to you from the anodizier. Does that sound about right in waiting time? Is that going to be the same wait time for the A1 uppers as well? Lastly,  are these going to run about $200 a piece for the uppers and lowers each? That is what I am expecting. These are speicality recievers. The regular A2 lowers run around about $100 amd up for the standard ones.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope you limit to 2 or so uppers per customer. I can already see a couple shops or individuals buying 10 or more and immediately flipping on GB. Flippers and gougers are trash.

I need one (1). That's all I'll get initially.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm pretty confident and Mike can weigh in that we aren't going to be seeing the down times like we saw with NDS receiver availability. So, unless there's a materials shortage and the anodizer is accepting work everyone is going to get what they want.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 19Charlie_84:  I hope you limit to 2 or so uppers per customer. I can already see a couple shops or individuals buying 10 or more and immediately flipping on GB. Flippers and gougers are trash.

I need one (1). That's all I'll get initially.
View Quote

Why you hate capitalism, comrade?  You hate your LGS for buying 10 guns of one type at a time & flipping them?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I am in agreement with the limit on receivers. Until the manufacturing catches up with demand.  At least that way more people will have the opportunity to build their rifles without a really long wait, or paying an extravagant GB price for one.
I just went to sportsman’s warehouse, limit two packs of small rifle primers at $8, otherwise they would be Sold out and I would see Primers at the next gun show for $15 a box of 100.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:38:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10mmManiac] [#48]
Originally Posted By Flynnchester:
I am in agreement with the limit on receivers. Until the manufacturing catches up with demand.  At least that way more people will have the opportunity to build their rifles without a really long wait, or paying an extravagant GB price for one.
I just went to sportsman’s warehouse, limit two packs of small rifle primers at $8, otherwise they would be Sold out and I would see Primers at the next gun show for $15 a box of 100.
View Quote

I strongly agree. Limit it to 1-2 tops. You know every tom, dick and harry on reddit and ARF are watching closely and it will be sold out in 30 seconds. And I just might be a bit biased but ARF folks should get a head start
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Why you hate capitalism, comrade?  You hate your LGS for buying 10 guns of one type at a time & flipping them?
View Quote

An LGS buying 10 guns from a distributor to resell is different than some weeb ADHD idiot on reddit hitting F5 every 30 seconds on H&R and PSA, then buying all of them with zero intention of actually using them. Only to flip.

On here, I saw some dude that rebuilt his upper, had an extra A1 upper. I PMed, asked if he would be willing to sell, he sent pics, said something to the effect that, "well retail is 200, and no one is making them, so 350-400 at least". I told him I'd be waiting for the new Nodak uppers. I'd understand 250 or at max 275, but double? Lick my sack.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 19Charlie_84:
An LGS buying 10 guns from a distributor to resell is different than some weeb ADHD idiot on reddit hitting F5 every 30 seconds on H&R and PSA, then buying all of them with zero intention of actually using them. Only to flip.
View Quote

They're the same picture.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top