Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/26/2003 5:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2003 5:29:10 PM EDT by DaPhotoGuy]
Just got my scope mounted today. Depending on how much I like/dislike the feel of the HoloSight on top will decide if it stays there. The only thing left is my Knights sling swivels. Oh yea, got a MAD on order.

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:44:28 PM EDT
nice.. what kind of scope is that?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:02:00 PM EDT
cool
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:11:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NoCompromise: nice.. what kind of scope is that?
View Quote
Thanks. The scope is a Simmons AETEC 2.8x10x44 They use to run $169 at Wal-Mart but got this one for $101 on sale. It's hard to beat this scope for the price you pay.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:44:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:10:25 AM EDT
Daphotoguy, that Simmons seems quite big for a carbine but with that EOtech on top the whole thing is really bulky indeed. If you need/like to have an electronic back up red dot sight why do not you go with the Docter or Optima sight ? They are both small , no intrusive and tubeless , much better on top of such scope . Just my 0,2 PP out
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:51:35 AM EDT
My .02 [img]http://www.specwargear.com/images/optics&lens-ACOG%20mount-3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:57:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PincoPalla: Daphotoguy, that Simmons seems quite big for a carbine but with that EOtech on top the whole thing is really bulky indeed. If you need/like to have an electronic back up red dot sight why do not you go with the Docter or Optima sight ? They are both small , no intrusive and tubeless , much better on top of such scope . Just my 0,2 PP out
View Quote
I like the red dot for quick acquisition on three gun shoots. Other than three gun I mostly use the scope. I agree that a Doctor or Optima sight might be better on the scope, but unless you know someone willing to pay me $300 for a 1 month old HoloSight I'll stick with what I have. Can't spend $320 on a Holo and then one month later sell it loosing half my money. I'm 6' 2" and 220 lbs so I really don't feel the gun is "to bulky". Sure is a bitch to find a gun case that will fit it though. [:D] I look at this gun as a "do everything" gun. Maybe not the best concept but it's the way I like to do things. It's a 16 inch barrel so being between the 20 and 14 it's a compromise. I like the vertical grip for three gun and feel it doesn't get in the way of bench rest shooting. Bipod is there just in case I can't find another support. Scope works great for shooting coyotes while red dot works for close in work "quick" work. Of course the scope is mounted on quick release ARMS 22 mounts so I can have it off in a couple seconds. I have the flip down iron sights for backup in a SHTF world.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:12:39 AM EDT
where to get doc sight and how much?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:18:51 AM EDT
oh and i got a scope and a comp m2 thought about mounting like your setup, have u tried shooting with the holo at longer ranges like 100 yards or so? how does it perform being so high above the bore? thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:57:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Guntoting_Spartan: oh and i got a scope and a comp m2 thought about mounting like your setup, have u tried shooting with the holo at longer ranges like 100 yards or so? how does it perform being so high above the bore? thanks
View Quote
I haven't shot this set up yet but I wouldn't expect the Holo to perform well at long ranges. Like you mentioned it is very high above the bore.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:41:26 AM EDT
I know what you mean about the do it all in one gun. Thats how I had that picture of the acog/doc optic book marked. The set up is what I would like, not what I have. I have a EO-Tech 511 sitting on a flat top. I shoot 3 gun with it and plink. So the EOtech works well. I just cant seem to get off the money for the combo optics.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:31:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DaPhotoGuy:
I really don't feel the gun is "to bulky".
View Quote
If your setup satisfied you , that's more than right for me . PP out
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:54:27 PM EDT
[b]Guntoting_Spartan 6/27/2003 1:12:39 PM where to get doc sight and how much [/b] The doc optic is sold by PMC and the mount I am not sure. Sorry to tease you, but I just had the pic not the set up
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:17:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By u-baddog: [b]......and the mount I am not sure.
View Quote
You can get it @ www.specwargear.com PP out
Top Top