Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:47:58 PM EDT
After years of not needing any new guns I picked up a RRA lower at a local shop and ordered a NM lower parts kit from Eagle firearms.  "Sigh".... who needs a house, I can live in a van by the river.

Can't wait till this is all done. I bet it'll outshoot my Colt HBAR with it's 10 lb. trigger.  Yeah I know I can fix that too ha ha ha ha.....(madness sets in)

Thanks for the education

The weasel
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
dern brd!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
btw i did my M4gery and im doing my current build M16A4gery useing RRA lower and a CMT upper and its so nice and tight you would swear they were a matched pair. the CMT is a little darker on finish than the RRA tho, im anal but not anal enough to care expecially after my gun spit 2.5k rounds out and 0 issues not counting the out of spec round i ran into in a case of wolf.. one out of 2k rounds of wolf and 500 rounds of winchester.. and hmm guess i have run about 300 rounds of Lake city XM193 though it so far... and atleast 300 of that lc sitting in my safe waiting for my next outting, ill be over 3k before i know it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Stage 1 complete, RRA lower kit intalled w/ RRA match 2 stage trigger

hard part......holding off buying everything on the credit card NOW
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the Club !  Five builds...going on seven...in two months...!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, five that's definitely commendable!
I forgot how much I liked shooting them.  I took my closet queen Colt HBar out for some range time.  Shoots good, better than I remembered, At 100 Y with umc and fed eagle 55gn I got some groups just over and inch with iron sights,  BTW i blew off some winchester 64 gn. "hunting bullets", they weren't bad.  About an inch and a quarter and they are damn closs in point of impact.  (i'll have to file that away)

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, this BRD is getting expensive!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Lower is complete!

I am going nuts waiting for an complete RRA upper assembly.  I will shoot my franken15 top when my ARMS 40a2 arrives.

found a pile of winchester Q but at 4.99 it can stay there in the store.

I better line up some overtime hours to fund all this!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
After years of not needing any new guns I picked up a RRA lower at a local shop and ordered a NM lower parts kit from Eagle firearms.  "Sigh".... who needs a house, I can live in a van by the river.

Can't wait till this is all done. I bet it'll outshoot my Colt HBAR with it's 10 lb. trigger.  Yeah I know I can fix that too ha ha ha ha.....(madness sets in)

Thanks for the education

The weasel

I had nothing to do with this.  I was at the movies with my sister all week that day.  That's my story.  I'm sticking to it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I have built 7 post bans, now spending money and going back and changing them all to no-bans.  I hate BRD and BPD.  Even went and bought a Glock the other day, and the gunshow is this weekend.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got done building another one----but 7 in 2 months DANG!!!!!!!!

I spaced mine out over 6 months and thought I was rushing it----plus I'm running out of room to put em----up to 4 AR's now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn,

I knew it! I am way behind the curve.  First women and now this.  I think this will be cheaper then women though.  I better stock up on lowers!  I alreay have 3 different gun in mind; a CMP A3, a lightweight carbine and maybe a varmint gun.  I could do this with many uppers and just a couple or 3 lowers.  But I think the spare uppers would get lonely sitting there.

This is gonna take some time and money!

Tom
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I know the feeling! I stumbled across this site and now not only am I hooked and doing a build, my wife just got a lower and is starting a build of her own! Thanks to ALL YOU trouble makers and KEEP UP the good work. !!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow 1 shot

Does she have a sister?

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top