Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 4:57:38 PM EDT by Keebsley]
I went and picked up my baby today. She came out wrapped up and looking absolutely wonderful. I looked like a proud person today. Here are some pictures:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Keebsley/IMG_0068.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Keebsley/IMG_0067.jpg

She's a darling and I can't wait to take her out.

Oddly she didn't come with a dust cover or a forward assist. More that I'll have to buy for her.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:05:40 PM EDT
Looks good.

Make sure you preort back with a range report after you shoot her.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:10:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Keebsley:
Oddly she didn't come with a dust cover or a forward assist. More that I'll have to buy for her.

That's a Bushmaster Carbon 15 right? I don't think those come with forward assists or dust covers. (Or logos, by looking at the pic ) Which are three of the main reasons I'd never buy one. That looks good though! I like the M4 type notched barrels on the Carbon 15s rather than the really skinny barrels with the freaky flashider they usually put on Carbon 15s.

What type of optics do you plan on slapping on there?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 5:13:43 PM EDT by Stickman]
Any chance on resizing the pics so they can be seen on one page?

Make sure you throw them in the pic thread at the top of the page also, that way people looking for pics can see it as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:14:25 PM EDT
nice buy there. I bought one about a month ago and it shoots great. mine isn't the flat top though. I have about 7-800 rds threw mine without a single problem. Post some range reports after you take her out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:14:54 PM EDT
It is a Bushy Carbon 15. And it does have a logo but it's on the right side of the rifle and my camera ran out of batteries before I could snap a shot of it.

As for optics, I was thinking along the lines of a 4x scope so going for the tried and true Acog but that's going to have to wait for a bit as I 1) want to put an ungodly amount of rounds through her, break her in, learn to get proper efficient with the iron sights and get used to her and learning more and 2) have to save up the paychecks.

I'll give a range report soon as I'm planning on range time tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:14:54 PM EDT
Range report:

After sitting down and savoring the moment, I pulled her out and went through the process of sighting her in. After a few adjustments, here is the result with 55 grain:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Keebsley/IMG_0070.jpg

Not bad for just a click here and there on the irons to get her sighted in. And I blame the non-center rings on my cruddy eyesight. But overall, I can't complain. She got back on target quickly and performed well.

Wait...I can. I noticed a few things while shooting that have been said elsewhere in the forums. The handguard did get a bit heated after rapid fire drills and I also noticed the flame coming out the end of my Izzy so I'll probably change those out. Also noticed she had a bit more oomph than I thought she would so I'll probably add a new buffer to her. Maybe a new stock as well. But definitely a happy purchase.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:21:12 PM EDT
Forward assist? Brass deflector? Dust cover?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:25:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 2:26:35 PM EDT by Keebsley]
The Carbon 15 Flat-Top doesn't come with a dust cover or forward assist for some reason or another. I lifted it out of the hard case when I got it and noticed that and thought it odd as well but just more to add to my shopping list.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:58:51 PM EDT
You can add a dust cover and forward assist to your shopping list, but unless you change your upper there is no way you can add them to your Carbon AR.

Then again what do I know?
MadDog
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:09:14 PM EDT

The Carbon 15 Flat-Top doesn't come with a dust cover or forward assist for some reason or another. I lifted it out of the hard case when I got it and noticed that and thought it odd as well but just more to add to my shopping list.

Originally Posted By MadDogDan:
You can add a dust cover and forward assist to your shopping list, but unless you change your upper there is no way you can add them to your Carbon AR.

Then again what do I know?
MadDog

Exactly my point.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:17:22 PM EDT
Though it'll be awhile, I was looking at a new LMT upper. But of course that can or will change in the future. But, I have more time than I do money so no worries there. Just more time for me to read the forums and see what new things are coming out and people's experiences and opinions on them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:57:42 PM EDT
Very nice, Keebsley. Welcome to the few, the proud, and the very thick skinned Carbon owners club. If you run into any problems, drop me an IM or an e-mail. I've had a Carbon for a while now, and after some tinkering, it runs like a top!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:55:23 PM EDT
A couple of pictures of my Carbon throughout it's evolution:

Most current configuration.

JohnnyEgo inAction

Currently sporting an ACE SOCOM stock, standard AR Carrier, PRI lower rail, Magpul MIAD Grip, and the ultimate heresies: Thermold Mags and EOTech over Aimpoint!

I am kind of fascinated by Keeblsey's Carbon. I am wondering if BM finally put a buffer detent in their carbon lowers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:44:04 AM EDT

I went and picked up my baby today. She came out wrapped up and looking absolutely wonderful. I looked like a proud person today. Here are some pictures:

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Keebsley/IMG_0068.jpg

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Keebsley/IMG_0067.jpg

She's a darling and I can't wait to take her out.

VERY NICE LOOKING SET UP
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:52:21 AM EDT
Very nice looking rifle. I have always wondered about those carbon fiber rifles...
Max
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:47:48 PM EDT
So how did she shoot??
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:06:53 PM EDT
I like them, what are the ups and downs of the carbon?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:13:39 PM EDT
sweet
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:39:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ncoday:
So how did she shoot??

She shot great right out of the box. Just had to adjust a few clicks to sight her in better but she shot great as is represented by my target posted earlier.

Originally Posted by BSheppard:
I like them, what are the ups and downs of the carbon?

I'm sure there are others more knowledgeable about them than I am but I'll put in my two personal cents. The ups were it was extremely lighter than most AR's. It got back on target extremely quickly and grouped extremely well.

The downs, that I've mentioned earlier and can also be found in other threads, is that while firing, it barked fairly louder than usual and also there was a noticeable flame at the end of my Izzy. It also kicked a little bit rougher than usual but all minor things that can be adjusted or improved on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:07:41 AM EDT
Anyone put a carbon fiber barrel on their carbon fiber Bushy?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:59:48 AM EDT
Will these things take AR uppers, and standard parts like stcks barrels etc?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:12:45 AM EDT
It doenst come with the FA and dust cover because it's supposed to be a lightweight weapon. The FA adds a lot of weight and is pretty much useless unless you plan on playing in the mud and sand. I've been looking for a lightweight upper and got a chance to handle a normal upper and a stripped one. The difference was shocking.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:51:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DevL:

That would be cool!

Johnny, the new Carbon M4s are drilled for buffer retaining pins.

Love that Flattop Keebsley!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:11:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ridge:

Originally Posted By DevL:

That would be cool!

Johnny, the new Carbon M4s are drilled for buffer retaining pins.

Love that Flattop Keebsley!

Thanks, Ridge. Time to call BM Customer Service and see if they can do a little surgery on my lower.
Top Top