Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 8:38:38 PM EDT
After almost 4 painful weeks, my upper from RRA came in. It attached to my Oly T3MX lower very easily with no play between the two. The rifle looks great but my only complaint thus far is the weight. The SS barrel is a pretty heavy profile and makes the gun feel much heavier than it actually is. Sooner or later, I'll probably give Adco a call and have them turn the barrel under the handguards.
Other surprises...the aluminum in the handguards is quite a bit thicker than I had initially thought. Not that it's bad, but it does contribute to the front-heaviness of the gun. Also, the thickness of the receivers and the finish matched up perfectly. The gun in no way looks like it came from two different companies. On the whole, I am very pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to go shoot it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:23:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey caneau:

Can you post your results and impressions of the barrel after you get it sighted in and have a few rounds down range? I am looking to buy a 24" upper from RRA for varminting and want to know your experience with the barrel.

What is the barrel length/ caliber?

Where in IL? I live in Maryville/Collinsville area.

Thanks,

DuxRus
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks great!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
My budget allowed for either a new gun or a new digital camera. You can probably tell which one I picked.
Here are the specs on the gun so far:
Lower:
Olympic Arms T3MX Lower
Oly parts kit
Ace SOCOM Stock (shorter version)

Upper:
Rock River CAR A4 in 5.56mm
16" stainless steel "no-ban" barrel with 1/8 twist
RRA free float aluminum handguards
Gas block with sling attachment

Other:
CQB Solutions/Specter Special Operations Patrol (SOP) Sling
Olympic Arms MASS flip up sights
20 round magazines

On the to-do/to-get list:
Ergo Tactical Deluxe grip with palm rest
Single stage match trigger group, either JP Enterprises drop-in or Chip McCormick
Rail attached to the bottom of the free float tube
Barrel turned down under handguards (although I'm not 100% sure if I'll do this yet)
Either EOTech 552 or ACOG (money being the key factor here)
Bi-pod

The quality from both Oly parts and RRA parts has been superb. The only extremely minor gripe I have is the flip up rear sight from Oly. The apeture wheel is somewhat stiff and the actual apature is maybe a milimeter to the right. It's not a big deal since I can adjust for windage to compensate, just looks a bit funny if you pay attention to it.

I'm from Champaign Illinois by the way.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top