Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 11:16:07 AM EDT
I just got an email notification from Cheaper Than Dirt for Israeli surplus Orlite 30 round mags for $10/each.

I don't have any Orlites.  The ad said they won't work in Bushmasters.  Is it because they clash with purple? (just kidding)

But seriously, are these mags worth a look?  I have a Colt and a DPMS and I don't want to buy them if they are going to be trouble.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/magspecials.html

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 Orlites and they work fine in my 20" BushyA2.  The only thing I can say about them is when they are FULLY loaded(ie 30rnds). They swell slightly. They still slap home with just a little friction and still fall free either empty or loaded(fully or partially). I thought they were excellent for the $10 each I paid for them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would use them for the range
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got one from CTD. Well they're not in PERFECT condition, and are definitely used. Mine still had sand on and in it. I washed it up and it works good now, no problems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I had gotten some Orlites from CTD.  They were full of sand, very gritty and dirty.  After washing they were OK.  Some had cracked feedlips, I returned them, and CTD replaced them.

They work, but seldom trip the bolt catch.  You can get better for not much more money.  The Imperial Defense SA80 ("England" marked steel mags) are not very much more, and are much better mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top