Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2006 6:58:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2006 6:59:56 PM EST by back40]
Notice the Pony logo instead of the COLT logo. Also that it says "W. Germany".

Anyone have an idea of a manufacturing date and/or value?

The sheath is green and also says "W. Germany" on it.

Thanks...

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:41:06 PM EST
Eickhorn Production M7 Bayonet , probably an overrun since judging from the sheath, since mine has a USGI M8A1 sheath with it. All the Colt Marked M7's were produced by Eickhorn, good quality knives and at one time they fetched a better price than they do now. It will make a nice addition to your collection Enjoy
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:45:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sharpshooter:
Eickhorn Production M7 Bayonet , probably an overrun since judging from the sheath, since mine has a USGI M8A1 sheath with it. All the Colt Marked M7's were produced by Eickhorn, good quality knives and at one time they fetched a better price than they do now. It will make a nice addition to your collection Enjoy

Thanks for the thoughts. I googled on the markings, came up with several comments about made in USA versions with the same logo, but only 1 hit on W. Germany marked ones that someone had for sale many years ago.

Any idea on a manufacturing date?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:11:53 PM EST
Judging from the roll mark on the blade I would guess 1970's to early 1980's . The later production ones had the Colt with the stylized C and no prancing pony. The only US made versions I know about are the Colt Armalite marked ones which are a bit on the rare side. I am not talking about the rubber handle early AR15 bayonet. I am talking about M7's. I have one but I am currently not at home so I can not take pics. When I get home in a couple of months I will try and take some pics so you have a better idea. I have 5 of those Colt Marked Eickhorn models and they are nice pieces.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:04:03 AM EST
I'm beginning to hate coming to this Forum. It seems like about twice a week I learn about something else I need to watch for at the gun shows. 20 round canvas ammo pouches and now Colt marked bayonets. I think I need to make a shopping list.

Doc
Top Top