Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 8:59:08 PM EDT
Looking for a quick reply and wasn't getting it in the troubleshooting forum.

If I slowly pull the charging handle backwards, at a certain point, you can feel a significant difference in tension.

Is this just the carrier sliding over the hammer? Should it be very noticable?

Note: This is with the hammer already cocked back.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
New rifle?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, your rifle is FINE.

it's just the hammer being depressed (this is when the disconnector "connects")
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dude, your rifle is FINE.

it's just the hammer being depressed (this is when the disconnector "connects")

I'm talking about when the hammer is ALREADY cocked back, not the tension of it being cocked.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this damn problem of the bolt not going back far enough to lock after the last round is fired, or far enough to even load Q3131 properly.  You can find the thread in the troubleshooting section.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
AFAIK, the hammer does depress further than the normal cocked position during the
charging cycle...

Are you sure this isn't a buffer issue?
(missed the other thread )

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I would start by taking a extremely close look at the back of the BCG. Are there any rub marks that are unusual? Look at the inside of the buffer tube to see if there is a dent or burr holding up the buffer or BCG.
Check for where it starts to hang or increase in tension and see where the parts are lined up and inspect closely. Sometimes the buffer detent and spring are the cause. Maybe the detent is to high and catching on the bottom of the BCG.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
No
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AFAIK, the hammer does depress further than the normal cocked position during the
charging cycle...

Are you sure this isn't a buffer issue?
(missed the other thread )

Yeah I see that now.  And I'm thinking it IS a buffer issue.  I ordered a new spring to give that a try, and I'm going to inspect things a little closer.

Here is the other thread....

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=273940
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Let us know what the prob is/was
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Let us know what the prob is/was

I'm hoping I can find it.  I'd hate to have to send it back to Stag or C4Grant.

I'm going to the range with another AR15 buddy so I can probably swap lowers, buffers, etc. and see what that does.  I'm going to stop by the local range and pick up some of the ammo that has been giving me trouble and use that as the testing stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top