Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2010 1:25:58 PM EDT

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an A1 upper. LM stands for LAR/Martin Marietta which I believe is a contract replacement upper. The round forward assist is not original to it, though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's an A1 upper. LM stands for LAR/Martin Marietta which I believe is a contract replacement upper. The round forward assist is not original to it, though.

Original Colt barrel?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
why do you suppose someone would drill a bunch of holes near the rear sight?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Original Colt barrel?

from the guide at the top of the page:

Starting in 1974 and after serial number 4,900,000 chrome bores were marked C MP CHROME BORE. This marking was used all the way until the end of M16A1 production:
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
why do you suppose someone would drill a bunch of holes near the rear sight?

It was part of an experiemental trial. Lightening it up enough that the shooter.... ahh who am I kidding, I don't freakin know.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they had some sort of after market site mounted there or may it was some rig they had to make sure the site adjustment did not move. Why do some people do such dumb things?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, that's a mid 70's rebuilt A1. The black finish matches modern lowers real good. It's a great candidate for late a1 clone. You'd need a black finish, matte furniture, and a 30 round mag. That's what M16s looked like when I was a kid, sittin' in class, reading up on the "new" M16A2. By the way, I have one too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
when I was a kid

if you were sitting in class reading about the New 16A2 your still a kid...
That means your not even 40 yet, are you?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top