Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2002 11:50:54 AM EDT
...'cause I smell bacon.href=secession.tripod.com/southerntradingsblueprintsandreceivers/index.html

If anyone has ordered from this site, please let me know how it went. I'm always paranoid about stuff like this, and with good reason.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I see they've been endowed with that down home grammar and spelling. I've come across this page before in my searches on semi auto stens.

FWIW, they do appear to be legit, but damn them for using that crap joint known as tripod.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought from them, they are legit, but they take long to ship. Cheak out the feedback on auctionarms.com, not too bad.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
So how hard is it to finish an 80% Sten lower? What parts do I need?
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

For starters, a Registered bolt, since you can not register a freshly built SMG for a form 4 since May 18, 1986.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

For starters, a Registered bolt, since you can not register a freshly built SMG for a form 4 since May 18, 1986.
View Quote

Well, I could build one with a 16" barrel,SEMI-AUTO only, and no collapsible buttstock and I wouldn't have to register shit.At least they havent taken the "Home Built" law away from us yet.......yet!
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]

THIS IS A LEGAL SITE, THEY CARRY A NUMBER OF MY PRODUCTS THERE

THE TURN AROUND TIME IS OKAY, THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICE IS GOOD TOO

THEY ARE THE ONLY PLACE I KNOW THAT HAS A BUNCH OF BLUE PRINTS  THAT YOU CAN NOT FIND  ELSE WHERE

WILLIAM
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI.  Check out their feedback on subguns.com first before buying tubes/prints.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
M4, the problem with the Sten gun is that it fires from a open bolt design. Big brother outlawed open bolt semis back in 1981, so you would have to modify it to a closed bolt design, which is more then just a pain in the ass. I have tried to make it work, I lost interest after awile. If you were C2 no problem post-sample MG, would be sweet.
By the way, where you at in DE? May be we can meet up sometime and let some brass fly.
Later,
Z
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
you would have to modify it to a closed bolt design, which is more then just a pain in the ass. I have tried to make it work,
View Quote

Stupid me didnt think of that [v]

If you were C2 no problem post-sample MG, would be sweet.
View Quote

I'm thinking about going that route, I am currently looking at some cheap commercial property in a few different areas.

By the way, where you at in DE? May be we can meet up sometime and let some brass fly.
Later,
Z
View Quote

Check your mail [beer]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sten "lowers" (trigger housing)are legal... what you need to finish is the upper.

No such thing as an 80% finished sten reciever... cutting the reciever is the easiest part. The hard part is all the welding, fitting,and troubleshooting one has to do, whether semi or full auto. Know from experience... built one with old floating firing pin conversion kit (needed to tackweld a rail to reciever so fullauto bolt wouldn't fit)...no longer made as far as i can tell.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
M4_Aiming_at_U!

[url]http://www.semiautosten.com[/url] Not out yet..

[url]http://www.catco.net/[/url] Catco used to make a semi auto reciever and bolt assembly..
You might want to email them and see if they will make them again....

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top