Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:18:27 PM EDT
Im relatively new to Ar-15 so I am not sure which manufacturer is the best; however, I have spent a lot of time firing M-4's and even more time cleaning them so i know what to expect out of one.  I was looking at a couple online and wanted to get ya'll's opinion since my fiancee will be buying me and ar-15 for my engagement present (and yes, I am from the South).h
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, its a good carbine.  Double check that its the chrome lined model, I can't remember off hand.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA is a good company. Good quality at a good price.

Also, if I recall the UTE is the model with the permanent back up iron sight set-up. If so, several people have expressed some concern over this design while others think it's great. I personally havn't dealt with one of the UTE, but I have an RRA carbine and I love it.

And that is an awesome engagement present......my present was being able to buy my fiancee (now wife) a ring.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The carbine does have a chrome lined barrel. There is no way im getting one without it, i live way down south where water is a big problem (New Orleans).

It does have the back up iron sights.  I am just worried that an acog or aimpoint will not fit on there :(
anyone know if they will without hindering target acquisition?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA's a great choice!

optics might get part of the A2 front sight on the bottom.....but they should mount fine, but a little blurry on the bottom

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#5]
NEW ORLEANS!   Yah I would say water is a problem there,  Probably the understatement of the year!

Well thank god your all right.  And as far as I'm concearned you cant go wrong with RRA, Bushmaster, or Colt.  And taking price in consideration , I would buy them in that order.
just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im relatively new to Ar-15 so I am not sure which manufacturer is the best; however, I have spent a lot of time firing M-4's and even more time cleaning them so i know what to expect out of one.  I was looking at a couple online and wanted to get ya'll's opinion since my fiancee will be buying me and ar-15 for my engagement present (and yes, I am from the South).

I am looking at a Rock River Arms Tactical CAR UTE/2 with and R4 barrel.  Would this be a good choice?

I love mine.  Not chrome lined, but did I say I LOVE MINE! Before you buy, check out Aresenal's fine line of AK47s. I LOVE MY SA M7 SF even more than my RR CAR15
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top