Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:20:55 AM EST
Midlength I have coming: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=124?

I ordered a LMT BCG for the upper and expect to have the rifle complete within a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:27:51 AM EST
LMT is good to go...

imo
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:28:11 AM EST
Yes it is, while you pay roughly a $40+ premium for the pointless LEO marking, it is a great match. OR you could pre order a BCM lower from Denny's
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:29:38 AM EST
LMT lower is GTG
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:36:47 AM EST
The LMT lowers are a great match but I would go for the new BCM lowers from Denny's....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:50:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By Jeep297:
The LMT lowers are a great match but I would go for the new BCM lowers from Denny's....

Oh you mean like you and I did?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:52:08 AM EST
I found a ffl nearby and pre-ordered the BCM lower from Dennys. The FFL is a pawnshop, which I know nothing about. I'm a bit nervous with this process; I have always bought firearms I could put my hands on and walk out with. I'm also a bit concerned about receiving the lower on time. The site states "first batch limited to 60". It seems to me they've probably already received more than 60 orders. hopefully I won't be back ordered for an indefinite period of time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:57:36 AM EST
Originally Posted By stpolaris:
I found a ffl nearby and pre-ordered the BCM lower from Dennys. The FFL is a pawnshop, which I know nothing about. I'm a bit nervous with this process; I have always bought firearms I could put my hands on and walk out with. I'm also a bit concerned about receiving the lower on time. The site states "first batch limited to 60". It seems to me they've probably already received more than 60 orders. hopefully I won't be back ordered for an indefinite period of time.

No, since credit cards are charged at time of order the website keeps track to avoid over selling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:18:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By thorm001:
LMT lower is GTG
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n443/thorm001/Guns/IMG_0002-1.jpg

When I'm done with the rifle, it will look a lot like yours. I've got a magpul moe stock and miad grip in foliage green on the way, as well as the Larue BUIS you have pictured. What sling is that you're using?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:32:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:

me too
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:40:16 AM EST
LMT lower is GTG

When I'm done with the rifle, it will look a lot like yours. I've got a magpul moe stock and miad grip in foliage green on the way, as well as the Larue BUIS you have pictured. What sling is that you're using?

It is a padded Vickers 2 point sling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:54:23 AM EST
Buy that lower!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:58:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 8:03:13 AM EST by stpolaris]
LMT lower is GTG

Hmmmm, I ordered a Midwest industries MCTAR-18 Mid-Length Two Piece Forearm, which doesn't come with qd swivel mounts. Guess I'll have to get a rail mount qd sling swivel. Man, this never ends..
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:29:52 AM EST
LMT lower is GTG

Hmmmm, I ordered a Midwest industries MCTAR-18 Mid-Length Two Piece Forearm, which doesn't come with qd swivel mounts. Guess I'll have to get a rail mount qd sling swivel. Man, this never ends..

I'm not trying to be a dick, but unless you have monster hands you are going to hate the MI two-piece rails. Huge, bulky and heavy are how I would describe them. I couldn't stand them, especially with any rail protectors on.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:10:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 9:35:43 AM EST by stpolaris]
LMT lower is GTG

I'm not trying to be a dick, but unless you have monster hands you are going to hate the MI two-piece rails. Huge, bulky and heavy are how I would describe them. I couldn't stand them, especially with any rail protectors on.

Thanks for the info, I didn't picture them being huge and bulky. My hands tend to favor larger grips etc. An HK USP 45 fits well in my hand and with the MIAD I used the large back strap. If I end up disliking the handguard, I'll send them back to Rainier. This is my first time ordering from Rainier, but I hear they have great customer service and hopefully will accept the return.

I wanted the magpul handguards, but they don't make then for midlengths. I don't care for the original type handguards. Hopefully the MI handguards aren't larger than the original types. As this is going to be a true "KISS" weapon, I want handguards that are easy to remove (snap in and out). What other options do I have?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:18:13 AM EST

me too

+1
Top Top