Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2004 2:12:47 AM EST
I posted this on Buddy's board. I think it's a fair trade but I'm new to the trading business.

I have a LNIB preban Bushmaster 14 inch 1/9 A2 HBAR (removable new style bird cage w/o slots on bottom). I need the same model (LNIB) but with the removable handle (A3). My only requirement is that the A3 upper is preban as I need a removable flash suppressor. This upper will be w/o bolt assembly and charging handle. The upper is in excelent condition. It looked unfired when I acquired it and since then I've only put 50 rounds through it.

To sweeten the deal, I have a Colt marked Cmore Scout reflex sight that I will include for $100. These go for more than $300. If your upper is NIB, you can have the Cmore for $50.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:32:10 AM EST
Removable flash hider on a 14.5" barrel? I hope you have a tax stamp for a MG or SBR.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:39:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By Forest:
Removable flash hider on a 14.5" barrel? I hope you have a tax stamp for a MG or SBR.

Saw that, thought the same.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:45:21 AM EST
Yes, this is one of the uppers that came with my M16. Am I going to have a hard time finding what I want?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:56:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By alou:
Yes, this is one of the uppers that came with my M16. Am I going to have a hard time finding what I want?

Yes I would think so. Legally the only guys that have them have either a SBR or a MG tax stamp (which really limits your trading partners). A few non-NFA types have them (getting ready to send them to the favorite smiths to permanently install a flash supressor) but again that is going to be a very small group.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:20:01 AM EST
So where can I get one new?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:34:06 AM EST
Alou, are you just wanting a flat top version of what you currently have for your M16 or is this upper to be for another gun?

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:41:04 AM EST

So where can I get one new?

Bushmaster would be happy to sell you one. However why not swap the upper reciever (keeping your current barrel)? Its not a hard job then you could sell the A2 upper to recoup some of your costs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:17:57 AM EST
My thoughts exactly.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:42:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 1:43:41 PM EST by alou]
Yes, I want a flat top version of what I have for my M16. Can I remove the barrel with the AR-15 "multi-tool" (the one that looks like a funky wrench with all kinds of nooks and cranies cut into it)? I ordered one b/c I was told I needed one to install a Predator / La Rue rail system. Is it a difficult job (i.e. how badly can I mess it up)? If I go that route, which I probably will, how much should I ask for the receiver? And how much should I pay for an A3 receiver? Thanks for your advice guys!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:55:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 1:59:54 PM EST by Timanator]
Hey Alou, this is Tim...

An A3 upper is cheap (under $100 from ADCO). I have my RRA stuff and a Bushmaster complete rifle, the machining marks are identicle (Possibly same source for machines or CAD program).

If you get an upper, I can put it together for you. I have all the tools(You could just borrowed them from me).

I do have a Bushmaster A3 complete upper with a 20 inch Hbar barrel (No FH). I might be willing to trade if thats what your after.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:31:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 12:33:49 AM EST by alou]
Hey Tim. Hahaha...I saw your name and immediately knew who it was! Are the receivers Bushmaster / RRA? I would really prefer Bushmaster. Thanks for the offer, but I want an upper with an OAL of no more than 14-16 inches. I have one that's about 11 inches but it has a thin barrel. I plan on getting a suppressor for it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:23:55 PM EST

Hey Tim. Hahaha...I saw your name and immediately knew who it was! Are the receivers Bushmaster / RRA? I would really prefer Bushmaster. Thanks for the offer, but I want an upper with an OAL of no more than 14-16 inches. I have one that's about 11 inches but it has a thin barrel. I plan on getting a suppressor for it.

I hear ya on that (Short barrel with Supporessor).

The uppers are RRA, I cant tell the difference with both of them side by side, you can come and look at mine if you get a chance. I have both RRA upper and a Bushmaster upper.
Top Top