Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 10:25:54 PM EDT
http://www.opticsgiant.com/tatiri.html

are tasco's scopes any good? and if not what about simmons?

just wondering thanks

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Simmons scopes are better than a comparably priced Tasco.  All of my Simmons scopes have been flawless in terms of durability.  I don't abuse my stuff, since I shoot at ranges, usually from a bench...but the scopes will get knocked around, rifles knocked over, stuff like that.  

I just got a Simmons Aetec...you might want to take a look at that.  Supposedly, Wally World sells 'em for $100 or so...if you can find one at that price, check it out.  

I've got a Simmons Pro Hunter that I've been using for almost 2 years now, with zero trouble.  The Whitetail Classic line uses the same aspherical lens coating the Aetec does, but it's available in a wider assortment of power ranges.  

The only scope I ever had go bad on me was a Tasco World Class that couldn't handle the abuse my FAL gave it...sent it in, Tasco claimed they never got it...so I'm out the scope.  Next time, I'll check the insured box lol.  

This board is kinda divided into two camps...some folks won't put a scope on a rilfe unless it's a $1000 Leupold...even if the rifle couldn't shoot 3 moa on a good day lol.  

I'm too poor to be able to do this, so I buy a lot of inexpensive glass.  There is some stuff out there that will serve you well until you CAN afford to move up; I think if you stick with the more expensive Simmons stuff, you'll be okay.  

Obviously, though, you want to stay away from Leapers, NCStar, and some of the other dirt cheap Chinese stuff.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks fenian- i think i may go with a simmons
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
thanks fenian- i think i may go with a simmons
View Quote

You won't be sorry.  Go with the AETEC or Whitetail Classic line.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the Aetec, and it's a very nice scope.  Clearer and brighter than my other Simmons, even the ones I thought were pretty good.  As long as you don't need anything stronger than 12x, these are great.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top