Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 10:43:44 AM EDT
Like it says in the title.  What would I need if it's even doable?

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Lone wolf distributers makes a compatible lower???
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
DDLES makes a glock mag lower
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Two posts, two good answers.

One more for DDLES.

Not a RRA upper though...
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What I should've asked is if any of the Glock mag lowers are compatible with Colt style upper.  I'm having trouble finding Oly style uppers.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe, again, both DDLES and Lone Wolf are compatible with Colt style. I have been told that Oly is the real oddball. But I am not 100% on that.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The bolt needs to be modified to clear the feed lips.  That is all that needs changing.  Otherwise it is plug and play.  Several places will mill your bolt for you, a few will sell you a milled bolt, and there are DIY guides if you are brave and dremmel certified.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The bolt needs to be modified to clear the feed lips.  That is all that needs changing.  Otherwise it is plug and play.  Several places will mill your bolt for you, a few will sell you a milled bolt, and there are DIY guides if you are brave and dremmel certified.    

Like...

&

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Know of anyone who sells the milled bolt?

I don't want to buy a complete upper only to have to spend more to get a bolt modification done.  Suppose I decide to build my upper. Will a standard 556 upper receiver work, as long as I use a 9mm barrel and bolt?

Or, better yet, anyone make an upper that's already milled properly?

I'm definitely NOT a certified Drexel jockey. That can only end poorly
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe ADCO does it now.  Its on their website.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Know of anyone who sells the milled bolt?  

I don't want to buy a complete upper only to have to spend more to get a bolt modification done.  Suppose I decide to build my upper. Will a standard 556 upper receiver work, as long as I use a 9mm barrel and bolt?

Or, better yet, anyone make an upper that's already milled properly?

I'm definitely NOT a certified Drexel jockey. That can only end poorly

DDLES sells a 9mm bolt allready milled for glock mags or as the person above me said adco will mill a regualar 9mm bolt to work wtih glock mags for I believe only $75. Yes a regualar upper will work.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top