Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/19/2003 10:38:26 AM EDT
I got one that is not and I would like it chrome lined. Does anyone do that?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 11:06:26 AM EDT
I'll give you the same answer I've posted on this before.[:D] There used to be an outfit in Illinois called Marker Machine Corp that did chrome bore lining. This was back in the 1950's and '60s. They advertised in the American Rifleman. Had them do an M1 Carbine barrel for me in the late 1950s. To my knowledge, they are the only folks that ever did aftermarket barrel chroming, and I hven't seen anything on them in at least 20 years.If anyone on this site knows of an outfit that will, in fact, do single piece aftermarket hard chroming on the insides of the barrels, I'm sure there are scads of folks on the site who would be interested[:D]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:23:22 PM EDT
To get propper specs the barrel ID must be slightly too large before the chrome plating is added. Any place that does hard chroming will do a barrel and the inside of a barrel but most refuse to do barrels smaller than .30 and some refuse to do rifles at all becasue of the accuracy lost when the barrel was not meant to be hard chromed in the first place and you make the bore too small by putting hard chrome in a barrel that was not set up to have it.
Top Top