Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:49:26 PM EDT
I've heard some rumors, but can't find any substantiation.  What says the hive mind?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't that be an expensive Accupoint TR24?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I should read more closely.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hypothetically - no.  

Granted, it's still just an internet rumor, I haven't heard anything official about it, just wishful thinking at this point, but I would think that a variable power ACOG would at very least use ACOG reticules, not the triangle post of the Accupoint- to include the BDC, and not be the long tube style optic, but a compact sight at very least no larger than the TA11 series, probably with a non-ring mounting base included in the optic "purchase."  

At very least, this would be my expectation if they were going to even bother, and the only configuration that would make me look into it.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Wake me up when Trijicon decides to be not so hard headed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#6]
A few months ago I was at a shooting competition that Trijicon had a booth set up at. I was talking ACOGs to him for a little while and he let me in on a secret that a variable ACOG will be released right around the new year. He said there will not be any information released on it until the last minute to keep from a massive backorder problem. He said it will have ACOG reticles and will be 1-6x if I remember correctly. I am really looking forward to it. He said it will be a game changer when it comes out. Might be just what I am looking for in my MWS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A few months ago I was at a shooting competition that Trijicon had a booth set up at. I was talking ACOGs to him for a little while and he let me in on a secret that a variable ACOG will be released right around the new year. He said there will not be any information released on it until the last minute to keep from a massive backorder problem. He said it will have ACOG reticles and will be 1-6x if I remember correctly. I am really looking forward to it. He said it will be a game changer when it comes out. Might be just what I am looking for in my MWS.

what you did there, I see it
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see it, but I LOVE the sound of it! I knew I've held out from buying a 1-4x for a good reason. I would love to see what it is supposed to look like.

Remember when Trijicon had on their website "Something Wicked This Way Comes"? I was anxious as hell to see what they came out with. To be honest, I was disappointed that it was a sight for a bow It's still cool as hell though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll save my enthusiasm for AFTER the shotshow.  All last year's marketing hype produced was a friggin bow sight:

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah I don't think I can take another big shock like that amazing bowsight.

Hellooooo.....Until Larue makes a mount for it - nothing is amazing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I don't think I can take another big shock like that amazing bowsight.

Hellooooo.....Until Larue makes a mount for it - nothing is amazing.

Hopefully it will use the same mount and same height.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd be on that rumored 1-6 ACOG like white on rice.  Here's hoping.

Well, I've been waiting for the Premier Reticles 1-8.  It looks like they'll be out in the same time frame.  We'll see how that goes.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top