Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2002 2:54:09 PM EDT
I have a 20" bushy A3, But I am wondering how to mount a scope on the flattop without having to remove the front sight, as I will still like to shoot with the detachable carry handle sights often also. Is this a big problem, and how does everyone else do it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Just mount your scope on flat top,  front sight will not bother sight picture. Unless you have a looooooong large scope...
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This is my set up and I don't notice the front sight. Its too close to focus with the scope. You'll never even notice its there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My setup is the about the same as Slackers. I have an A.R.M.S. (#5 I believe) adapter that uses two thumbscrews to mount to the flat-top, the  scope is mounted on that. You can take it off and put the carry handle on and then replace the mount with scope attached without losing your zero. You may want to get a little higher ring to mount the scope in so you get a better sight picture without craning your neck. I made the mistake of getting lower ones and had to replace them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Ryan,

What's you rifle sittin on?

Just got an AR10 now I need a rest.

Regards,

s
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ryan,
What's you rifle sittin on?
Just got an AR10 now I need a rest.
Regards,
s

Stevan,
Its a Hoppes or an Outers (can't remember which at the moment) "Varminter" rest. The rear part of the rest is an aftermarket "pinch" type vise attachment that works really well for mounting scopes and such. I don't shoot with that rear rest in place, it comes out and gets replaced with a rubber coated one.
So far its worked well for me. I keep it in the back of the truck when in "prarie poodle" country. Just throw it on the hood and bingo! Perfect rest. The feet have nice rubber boots on em' so as not to scratch the hood.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top