Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/2/2009 9:25:54 AM EST
between a anvil arms lower and a noveske lower? the reason I ask is I would like to build another AR and I am interested in a upper and lower being the same and I also would like the flag engraved on the lower.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:41:10 AM EST
Not $200 worth of quality difference. I doubt honestly if you were blindfolded and made to use both that you could tell a difference.

Having said that, and feel free to call me a goob, it would bug me to put an expensive upper on top of a cheaper lower. For instance, a Noveske Upper (which is probably worth the price paid for it in quality difference) on my Roggio lower wouldn't sit right. If going top shelf, I want the curtains to match the carpet so to speak. It would function right but just would feel right.

However, I would feel fine putting a doublestar upper on my Roggio lowers. That's my exact plan in fact.

New
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:53:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By newarcher:
Not $200 worth of quality difference. I doubt honestly if you were blindfolded and made to use both that you could tell a difference.

Having said that, and feel free to call me a goob, it would bug me to put an expensive upper on top of a cheaper lower. For instance, a Noveske Upper (which is probably worth the price paid for it in quality difference) on my Roggio lower wouldn't sit right. If going top shelf, I want the curtains to match the carpet so to speak. It would function right but just would feel right.

However, I would feel fine putting a doublestar upper on my Roggio lowers. That's my exact plan in fact.

New

Well yes and no. I agree, usually if Im going to shell out the cash id get a more reputable lower to go with the upper, but a lower is a lower is a lower. As long as its not a Vulcan and it fucntions correctly, you cant go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:06:00 AM EST
So I will be good to go with a Anvil arms lower and Anvil arms upper? I read most of the threads on the industry board And I think they will be my choice. I just wanted to make sure I am getting good gear.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:08:25 AM EST
As long as you can withstand the beating you will take on these boards for it not being a Colt, Larue, or Noveske...I would say you are good to go.

New
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:14:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By newarcher:

There isnt a $200 difference in them now....

Noveske Lowers at Rainier Arms

If you look they also have the blems for $185

And actually, DD's Ranch has the blems for $160....I have two of the blems, the "blem" is supposedly in the finish, but I have yet to find a blem....the only difference I can tell is the # 2 stamped inside the lower.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:21:53 AM EST
I have a noveske and a larue on spikes lowers and a larue on a anvil lower
all run great and look good built by me and 2 stripped anvil lowers
ready for new uppers
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:32:04 AM EST
thanks for the input I will go with the anvil arms lower and upper. By the way I have a Colt, so I could care less what everyone thinks because im not buying a colt. I plan on building a 14.5 upper with a 556FSC pinned on it to make it legal. this should be fun.
Top Top