Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:25:32 PM EDT
Looking for a type of light that can be thrown into a room to add general flood type lighting. Does anyone know of such a device for a tac team to use when entering rooms/places where there is no light source?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Molotov Cocktail?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
flash bang
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
15" chem light, ULTRA bright 5 min Orange.

Slam into the ground & throw.

AND... if anything in the room pics it up... you have just IDed your target.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 that's our SOP
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:42:48 AM EDT
[#5]
river rock jupiter lantern :D
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/sgs46a.jpg
Krill light

I like those, but they only work for very small areas.  A 15in light stick is MUCH brighter.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#8]
frag gernade
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I use this or a lightstick - which is more handy.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#10]
This:

Quoted:
Looking for a type of light that can be thrown into a room to add general flood type lighting. Does anyone know of such a device for a tac team to use when entering rooms/places where there is no light source?

followed by this comment:

Quoted:
frag gernade grenade

Leads me to believe either this can't read or is dumber than a box of hammers.....

Either way it don't make ya look too good there AWD, (see sig line below).

Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#11]
considering that the second post said Molotov Cocktail. and the post above you had a picture of a flame thrower.........

I guess some people can't take a joke, well people that like to be the damn grammer nazi anyways.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1, or a handfull of the 6" ultra bright sticks.  For the cost and effectiveness I prefer to use like 4 (or more) of the 6" sticks, throw 'em so they spread out a little.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Considering that the second post said Molotov Cocktail, and the post above you had a picture of a flame thrower.........

I guess some people can't take a joke. Well, people that like to be the damn grammar nazis anyways.

I've always wanted to do that......

Oh yeah.....I vote 15in. light stick. Big light, long time.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Considering that the second post said Molotov Cocktail, and the post above you had a picture of a flame thrower.........

I guess some people can't take a joke. Well, people that like to be the damn grammar nazis anyways.hr

I've always wanted to do that......h

lol damn grammAr  nazi...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Try this:

http://www.seriousjuggling.com/Balls_Lighted.htm
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I figured I would get some silly replies. That's OK.  We use the light sticks too, but I thought I would throw the question out there and see if there were any new items I was not aware of.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#17]
ok seriously this time:
we use break and glows 6". ameriglow brand i believe, they let off a good amount of light. same thing as a chem light
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#18]
spelling "grenade" wrong would fall under the jurisdiction of "spelling nazi" and not "grammar nazi" you stupid n00bs
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 on the chemlights; you can pick them up anywhere for next to nothing (compared to flashbangs). They are safe to store long-term and are waterproof and are not affected by weather extremes.

I keep a handful of Cyalume Chemlights on my duty rig (8 Hour blue & 30 min. Hi-Intensity Orange).
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/sgs46a.jpg
Krill light

I hope that is a joke.  Krill lights are LESS bright than a standard glow stick AND the glow screen is fragile to shocks.  Its about the WORST choice you could make.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Where can I get a glow stick that will fit in my Crane SOPMOD stock storage tube?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Where can I get a glow stick that will fit in my Crane SOPMOD stock storage tube?

I don't know, but regular cyalume/amaraglow 6" sticks fit in MOLLE just fine.  Would you really want to remove your stock to get a chemlight?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Tape a few of the high intensity cyalumes to a flashbang. Its a life altering experience.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Tape a few of the high intensity cyalumes to a flashbang. Its a life altering experience.

Please... tell us more.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know a good place to get personal-use 15" light sticks?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Caylum Light stix   works good with nv googles
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#27]
The light sticks taped to a flashbang erupt and splash everything in the immediate area with the glowing chemical when the bang goes off, really useful in an outdoor situation where you might have runners....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The light sticks taped to a flashbang erupt and splash everything in the immediate area with the glowing chemical when the bang goes off, really useful in an outdoor situation where you might have runners....

I call BS.  Don't the two chemicals inside have to mix to illuminate?  I would imagine blowing one to pieces spreads the chemicals out pretty far and you'd be lucky to get just a few spots that light up...

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call BS.  Don't the two chemicals inside have to mix to illuminate?  I would imagine blowing one to pieces spreads the chemicals out pretty far and you'd be lucky to get just a few spots that light up...

You snap them prior to taping. I don't know about outdoors, but it works indoors.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Huh. Learn somthing every day.

Bob

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Galls has the 12 inchers
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galls has the 12 inchers

Thanks, I'll check that out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nothing like embedding tiny glass fragments into your targets... lightsticks do have glass inside you know.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
15" impact sticks: www.skdtac.com/category.asp?CATEGORYID=244

Very nice!  I wonder if they can take a beating in an assault pack?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#36]
If I were close enough to catch those tiny glass shards (the tape negates most of it, it isn't THAT dynamic) I think I'd worry more about the flashbang itself.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If I were close enough to catch those tiny glass shards (the tape negates most of it, it isn't THAT dynamic) I think I'd worry more about the flashbang itself.

Thinking more about injuring the targets in a LE context.  TOOO many LE teams think of flashbangs as "harmless".
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would something like this help?

Its used for holding paintball reloads.  The top snaps on but is spring loaded, so it opens with a flick of your thumb.  They are pretty light and come in all sorts of collors.  You can even get nylon holders for them.  Did i mention they were cheap?  Maybe $5.

Or you could just use a piece of 2" PVC pipe with one end taped shut and tape it to your pack.

I found the pic at the following.
www.bradyspaintball.com/140ropapo.html

--mort
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/bradyspaintball_1890_115198662

Its used for holding paintball reloads.  The top snaps on but is spring loaded, so it opens with a flick of your thumb.  They are pretty light and come in all sorts of collors.  You can even get nylon holders for them.  Did i mention they were cheap?  Maybe $5.

Or you could just use a piece of 2" PVC pipe with one end taped shut and tape it to your pack.

--mort

Nice thinking!  I think I would opt for the PVC just because those pictures make me feel uneasy  it took me a second to uncover my eyes and figure out what I was looking at, but definitely a smart thought...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Nice thinking!  I think I would opt for the PVC just because those pictures make me feel uneasy  it took me a second to uncover my eyes and figure out what I was looking at, but definitely a smart thought...

HAHHAHAH I guess there is something a bit funny about paintballers.  I decided not to post pictures of the tubes that are "ribbed" for better grip.  I should have gone hunting for a picture of a plain black tube they don't look phalic.

--mort
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
spelling "grenade" wrong would fall under the jurisdiction of "spelling nazi" and not "grammar nazi" you stupid n00bs

The Grammar Nazis annexed the Spellingland a long time ago.  Expanding their borders and acquiring Lebensraum is what Nazi's do, you know.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thinking more about injuring the targets in a LE context.  TOOO many LE teams think of flashbangs as "harmless".

Of course they're harmless.  Chuck Schumer himself said so in the Waco hearings. I quote:

"Mr. DeGuerin said flashbangers can kill, injure, maim. Anyone who knows anything about these things knows they can't."

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/bradyspaintball_1890_115198662

--mort

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you misunderstood me If you're close enough to get injured by the glass shards, then you are more than close enough to get injured by the flashbang. If you're far enough away to where the flashbang won't F your day up, then the tiny little pieces of glass are of no consequence.

I agree with what you're saying 100%.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top