Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2003 5:49:59 PM EDT
had a chance to see  an rra set up at recent gun show  and it seemed like a real smooth improvement in the trigger pull  vs. my stock bushy.  does anyone have this setup and is it worth the $100-$120 price tag?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are, if you don't have enough money for a KAC 2-stage match trigger [;D]

Seriously, a good match trigger can cause your shooting to improve [b]tremendously[/b].  BTW, you can get the RRA trigger for $95 or less if you look around.  Better than some of the other junky match triggers, not as good as some of the other high end triggers.  If your budget won't allow for the RRA, try the [url=http://www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html]15 minute trigger job[/url] yourself on your stock trigger.

-M
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
For plinking/tactical use, the 15-minute trigger job is pretty darn good.

If I were setting up a varmint or match rifle, however, I'd want a good match trigger (RRA or better).[):)]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
A good two stage trigger makes a lot of difference for target \ varmint shooting. The RRA trigger is pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The RRA trigger is the best $100 I've ever spent on an AR accessory.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't want one on a serious battle rifle because of the light pull. On a target/bench/varmint gun it is SWEET!! I put one on my bench gun and my groups tightened up real nice.

If you are gonna get one, the cheapest I found was from Steve @ ADCO. Think I paid $94 shipped from him. He's a good guy, give him your business.

Shabo
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wouldn't want one on a serious battle rifle because of the light pull. On a target/bench/varmint gun it is SWEET!! I put one on my bench gun and my groups tightened up real nice.
View Quote

Yea, I've got that dilemma myself.  As I want my rifle to carbine be a "do all" sort of gun I'm torn between wanting tighter groups for varmint shooting and the requirements of a good battle rifle trigger.  So far I've decided to stick with the stock trigger.  Is there a ok happy medium?  Maybe just a lighter spring?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Derrick Martin of Accuracy Speaks triggers are $157 great single stage triggers from what I have heard.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Love the RRA.... clean and smooth
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]
So far I've decided to stick with the stock trigger. Is there a ok happy medium?
View Quote

If you are like most of us, you will soon have piles of spare AR parts building up around you as they secretly reproduce at night. Even if you don't have spare parts, you can buy trigger/hammer pairs for $25 each.

I fish through my spares and mix and match stock hammers and triggers until I get a pair I like. Then I mark them as a pair and set them aside... you can get a nice trigger pull like this and still get stock reliability. I don't even do the 15min job on them.

I've got a RRA NM trigger too and its a good trigger; more crisp than my matched parts and maybe 0.5-1lb lighter (just a WAG).
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yea, I've got that dilemma myself.  As I want my rifle to carbine be a "do all" sort of gun I'm torn between wanting tighter groups for varmint shooting and the requirements of a good battle rifle trigger.  So far I've decided to stick with the stock trigger.  Is there a ok happy medium?  Maybe just a lighter spring?
View Quote

Sure there is a middle ground.  Take your stock trigger (which has no set screws to work loose, so good battle trigger), and try the do-it-yourself [url=http://www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html]15 minute trigger job[/url].  This process will lighten up your spring.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah.
A great AR improvement. Breaks at I believe 3.5 pounds, very crisp and smooth and is ONE HELL of a bumpfiring trigger! BTW the stock 2 stage mil trigger on my new RRA M4 entry project is pretty damn crisp itself. Better than my Bushy stock triggers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You'll love the RR!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The RRA trigger is the best $100 I've ever spent on an AR accessory.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sure there is a middle ground.  Take your stock trigger (which has no set screws to work loose, so good battle trigger),
View Quote

Just for the record, there are no screws on the RRA trigger.  The design is similar to that used in the M14/M1A so reliability shouldn't be an issue.  A light trigger pull when your under stress may be a problem, but reliability should be fine.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top