Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 5:23:23 PM EDT
i was at my local gun shop and was talking to the owner and he told me that the hi cap ban expired...is this true? he said u still can buy anything stamped LE, but it isnt illegal to own out of country new production mags anymore
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
He is wrong
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
No!, he was wrong.
It goes in front of President Bush to be re-signed and we all hope he doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
That piece of shit will end up in jail next to you if you listen to him.

If it were over, why would they still be marking the mags FOR LEO USE ONLY?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i was at my local gun shop and was talking to the owner and he told me that the hi cap ban expired...is this true? he said u still can buy anything stamped LE, but it isnt illegal to own out of country new production mags anymore
View Quote

Let me guess, he had a bunch of these LEO mags for sale too?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
You weren't talking to RGUNS were you?
[LOLabove][LOL][ROFL2][ROFL][nana]

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Slash... if you didn't have that name, I would.

TS
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#8]
he wasnt saying it was legal to purchase le mags...but lets use for example the british mags...they are new production, but they arnt illegal because they r not manufactured in the us...i was in canada(im in MI so i go there often) i was at a shop looking at some par ordinace pistols and they come with a 15 and 10 rnd mag...and he and a local dteroit officer i know said it would be legal to bring them here, even though they were new, they ae not stamped..they also said the par is going to start making beta c mags for the english and isreali gov, which wont be stamped...sorry for the long winded story....but it comes from the gun hop owner saying the hi cap and assault rifle ban were seperate enities, with the hi cap expired and the asssault ban up in september....still not sure...just what i heard.
thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
he wasnt saying it was legal to purchase le mags...but lets use for example the british mags...they are new production, but they arnt illegal because they r not manufactured in the us...i was in canada(im in MI so i go there often) i was at a shop looking at some par ordinace pistols and they come with a 15 and 10 rnd mag...and he and a local dteroit officer i know said it would be legal to bring them here, even though they were new, they ae not stamped..they also said the par is going to start making beta c mags for the english and isreali gov, which wont be stamped...sorry for the long winded story....but it comes from the gun hop owner saying the hi cap and assault rifle ban were seperate enities, with the hi cap expired and the asssault ban up in september....still not sure...just what i heard.
thanks
View Quote

Absolutely [b]NOT![/b]

You may not import magazines into the country without federal approval.  While it is certainly possible to buy magazines outside the country and bring them in, it is not advisable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
then why is it ok and accepted here to buy and sell the british hi caps, or orlites etc?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No!, he was wrong.
It goes in front of President Bush to be re-signed and we all hope he doesn't.
View Quote

No, not true.

The ban does NOT go up for re-signing.  It EXPIRES on September 14, 2004, and that's the end of it.

If it were to be re-authorized, it would have to go through both Houses of Congress just like any OTHER new law.   And there isn't even a bill on the floor to try to do that yet, in EITHER house, and such a bill would probably be tabled (shitcanned) the moment some jackass tries to introduce it.

"Bill introduced by Mr. Shitbag read twice and referred to the sanitation and recycling department."

Bush can't sign any reauthorization of it unless it passes in both the House AND the Senate FIRST, and there's almost NO chance it'd make it through the House, and not much chance it'd make it through the Senate.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#12]
You can buy the orlites and the Brit mags and AK mags because an importer has proven to the federal government that they were manufactured prior to the ban in 94 and has obtained all needed import approvals.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#13]
cool, thanks for the info guys!!
now im just waiting for september to come!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]
NEXT September, remember!   September 2004.  September 14, to be precise.

CJ
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top