Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2017 9:42:49 PM EDT
I purchased a Sightmark Ultra Shot QD Red Dot sight some time ago to use on my S&W M-22 rifle. I recently mounted it on my newest AR-15 build for test firing. After a couple of rounds, the dot disappeared. I did a little research and decided to get some new batteries when I found that it came with some generic batteries. Went back and shot a couple more rounds, the red dot disappeared again. Has anyone else had this experience with this sight? if so, any recommendations.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I just watched a YouTube video about this. Mentioning something about the battery screw door needing to be extremely tightened. Here's the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/HwiN9oD86bk
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems like I remember several reports of these optics failing. It may be ok on the 22, but Sightmark is junk IMO. My brother got 2 a few years ago to play around with they both crapped out.

Save up, get you something decent that you aren't having to fight with. For budget optics, check Vortex, Holosun, and Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I purchased a Sightmark Ultra Shot QD Red Dot sight some time ago to use on my S&W M-22 rifle. I recently mounted it on my newest AR-15 build for test firing. After a couple of rounds, the dot disappeared. I did a little research and decided to get some new batteries when I found that it came with some generic batteries. Went back and shot a couple more rounds, the red dot disappeared again. Has anyone else had this experience with this sight? if so, any recommendations.
View Quote

In a word, "no."  Your experience is typical.  I am a victim, myself.  There are other budget options suitable for non-duty range toys. Bushnell's TRS-25 comes to mind.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top