Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 9:59:15 PM EDT
I was at the pawn shop the other day, and found a Sig 516 in FDE for $800. all I know is that it's piston-driven. Don't know if it's 1st gen or 2nd. Are these generally well-regarded, especially on this site?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of condition is it in?  If a like new Gen 2 that's a pretty great deal in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the new one is MSRP of over $2k I would say that is a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of condition is it in?  If a like new Gen 2 that's a pretty great deal in my opinion.
View Quote

How to tell if it's 1st gen or 2nd gen?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How to tell if it's 1st gen or 2nd gen?
View Quote

Gas block mainly, some other minor differences.  Here is a good thread:

Click Here

Either way a good deal, if it's a Gen 2 in great shape probably an excellent deal.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like a great deal. I haven't seen any Gen 1's in FDE, probably a Gen 2. Love my 516 but the thing is front heavy as shit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had my SIG 516 since about 2010.  

It's been a solid and accurate performer.  For about the last year, I've been using it for two- and three-gun.  One of my favorite ARs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
worth it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems like a great deal. I haven't seen any Gen 1's in FDE, probably a Gen 2. Love my 516 but the thing is front heavy as shit.
View Quote

Tell me about it, that's the ONLY thing I don't like about mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I own one that's had about four thousand rounds through it. It's the gun that lives in my truck. I put a couple of mods in it- trigger (ssa-e), roller cam pin.
It's never missed a lick. The only thing that I don't really care for is the forearm- kinda big and heavy.
If the pawnshop gun looks to be in good shape- I'd buy it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Why wouldn't it be? Only if you like pistons. I'd rather do a Colt 6920 but that's just my personal opinion right or wrong.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#11]
A work friend uses one as a duty rifle. He's never had an issue with it but when he wanted to install a new rail it was apparently impossible to do cost effectively (It's a gen 1).

So if you plan to not change much on it I would say go for it. That's a great price.

Personally though I'd rather have a Colt as I am not a piston fan. Why go to a proprietary system on the most customizable rifle ever?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top